14th December 2015, 02:33 AM
Sudhakar.N acchu

Options available for Diploma engineer to join Indian army or Indian Navy?

I have completed my 3 years diploma course but I have subject backlocks.... if any other options for joining the indian army or in Indian navy's..? I am good speaking in hindi kannada english can you plz assist me right now I am working as a production incharge in an private company. .... plz assist me
Regarding
Sudhakar.N

14th December 2015, 09:08 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Options available for Diploma engineer to join Indian army or Indian Navy?

No, there is no possibility to join Indian Navy or Army for you. To join Indian Navy or Army candidates need to appear and then qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have age between 16.5-19 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

Candidates must have PCM as main subject in 10+2 for Navy and Air Force where as for Army students of any discipline are eligible.

But, as you have backlogs you are not eligible to appear for Army also. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 12:29 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Default Re: Options available for Diploma engineer to join Indian army or Indian Navy?

To join Indian Army candidate must have a qualification of secondary level education or above. And for the Indian Navy the candidate should have completed his/her graduation and passed his/her intermediate with physics and mathematics subjects.
Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
Candidate should be unmarried.
Candidate age should be above than 18 years and below than 24 years in case of Army and 23 years maximum age in case of Indian Navy.
Candidate completed his/her qualification without any backlogs.
Candidate with backlogs are not eligible for the posts.
So you are not eligible for the Indian Navy but you can apply for the Indian Army.
For this you can apply for the NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in every year. And after clearing the exam you can go for Indian Army batch.
15th December 2015, 05:45 PM
sattil

Though you speak well in Kannada, Hindi and English, you are having backlogs in Diploma in Engineering which means you have not completed your Diploma successfully.

Though you are a Diploma student, you are not eligible for Indian Army and Navy because 10+2 with Maths and Physics is required for Indian Navy.

But I have an option for you. Finish your backlog and join Engineering.

After diploma, it is only 3 years to complete Engineering. After Engineering write CDS Exam.

By CDS Exam, you can join
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
15th December 2015, 09:05 PM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend as you have completed then you do have a chance to go in indian navy or army if you do not exceed 19 years of age.your course is just equivalent to 12th and you have to appear for nda exam and after clearing that you can join indian defence.
Nda exam is conducted twice in a year by upsc and the age limit for the exam is 16.5 to 19 years.thank you
15th December 2015, 11:28 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

To apply for Indian Army,Navy & Indian Air force you must need to appear NDA exam.

After completing 12th you can apply for NDA exam.

Age limit:- Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only male candidates can apply for this.

You have no any backlogs to apply for IAF,Indian Navy & Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?