25th July 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Which other exams do I need to give other than GATE in order to do PG in National Institutions?

i m in final year of mechanical engineering and i am planning to do post graduation. i would like to know which other exams i need to give other than gate in order to do post graduation in nation istitutions (eg DRDO ,ONGc )

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed procedure to enroll for Ph.D degree? Which colleges are affiliated with this degree in Mumbai?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for Aerospace Engineering in India? How to get admission in this after 12th?
  3. How much score is required after 12th to get admission in medicine? If my cutoff is 180 where will I get?
  4. Which are the top institutions to study M.E in EEE? How much rank to score in GATE to enter those institutions?
  5. Which are the courses for those opting Geology and Geophysics in GATE exam? Institutions offering the course?
  6. How may I join M.Tech program after completing B.Tech in ECE? What is its scope?
  7. How to take admission in FYB.Com? What is the last date for admission? Fee structure for the same?
  8. How to join B.Arch? Which entrance exam can I write?
  9. List of institutions offering B.Ed course in Pune and Kochi? What's the scheduled date for entrance exams of these institutions?
  10. Institutions in which I can apply for M.Tech in Plant Biotechnology? Procedure to apply?
  11. What are the exams that I can give for B.Tech 4th year student both government and private -- [New]
  12. How may I know the ISRO syllabus for Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to do M.Tech space technology after completing MSc Physics?
  14. How to get admission in Biotechnology stream after class 12th?
  15. Will I be eligible to apply for any top institutes in India after scoring 40 score in GATE? List of reputed institutes which give merit seats based on GATE score?
  16. Does college ranking matter a lot in M.Tech?
  17. How to get into Geology course after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Which colleges should I prefer among NIT Agartala, Calicut, Rourkela, Surathkal, Tiruchirapalli, Warangal after scoring 407 in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
26th October 2015, 12:31 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which other exams do I need to give other than GATE in order to do PG in National Institutions?

ONGC and DRDO are not educational institutions. From there you cannot pursue your post graduation.

For post graduation, the best exam is GATE through which you get a chance to enroll yourself in the various IIT's and NIT's of the country.
Though you are not interested in giving this exam, but i would like you to know that without appearing in this exam you do not hold any other chance to o your post graduation from the IIT's and the NIT's.

Other than this, there are various state government colleges like
~Uttar pradesh university
~IP University
~Gujrat University etc,

which offer post graduation courses.
The selection is based on their individual state exams or on the basis of the under graduation percentage.

So, you can select the one which is best for you considering all the information i provided.

Lastly i would also like to tell you that, M.tech from the IIT's holds good position and you can learn a lot more than any other university or college. but the doors of IIT's opens through GATE only.
30th October 2015, 12:39 AM
rmurli

Default Re: Which other exams do I need to give other than GATE in order to do PG in National Institutions?

GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is the only exam through which you can join M.Tech in National Institutions.

National Institutions are IIT's and NIT's and this is the exam which will place you in these Institutions.

Not only for M.Tech admission, DRDO and ONGC and other companies are considering GATE score in giving jobs for B.Tech students.

Very importance is there for GATE score now a days. Better to take this exam only.

Competitions definitely very high. But one can not change one's fate. Who knows, you can get good score in this exam.

Still, there are some universities which don't consider GATE score and conduct their exams for giving admission to M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?