11th August 2011, 03:33 PM
Nitinrdz

What should I do to do my PG from IIT after diploma in CS?

hello sir, i hav done diploma in cs with agg 50, i can't do graduation in iit becoz am nt fully prepared. If i completed my be in cs from one f the reputed university then what should i do 2 do my post-graduation in iit?

28th October 2015, 10:29 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to do my PG from IIT after diploma in CS?

For post graduation i.e. M.tech from IIT there is only one way. That is through the prestigious exam-GATE.
It is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. All the major engineering branch's exam is taken through GATE for the M.tech for the NIT's and IIT's.

let me tell you some of the details of the exam.
1) You need to be at least a graduate from any recognized university in technical field.

2) You can appear for the exam while in the final year or the succeeding years.

3) You will have to apply under the computer science stream.

4) The form will be of 1500 rupees and the notification will come in the month of September.

5) One of the IIT's only conduct the GATE exam. Like this year IISC Banglore is conducting the exam.

For getting into IIT's, you need to be at least in top 500 if you belong to general category.
For Nit's, rank could be up to 2000.
30th October 2015, 12:29 AM
rchaitu

Default Re: What should I do to do my PG from IIT after diploma in CS?

It is not a problem at all. It is not mandatory to do Graduation in IIT in order to do Post Graduation in IIT.

Students who did Engineering from regular colleges are also eligible to join PG in IIT's.

However getting admission in IIT's is not so easy. You should score well in the GATE Exam with good rank. For this, excellent preparation should be there for the students.

As you just did Diploma, you can directly join 2nd year of CS in Engineering colleges. So, more 3 years for you to complete Engineering.

For GATE Exam, you can apply in the last of your Engineering itself.

Even for jobs also, GATE score is being considered. Keep this in mind and carry out your preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?