21st May 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required for NET SET exam for SC?

I'm M.A. completed & Now I want give NET SET Exam. So Please inform me that what percentage required for NET SET & I am in SC Caste.

21st May 2015, 02:38 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required for NET SET exam for SC?

The eligibility criteria for NET/SET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

NET entrance exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December .
21st May 2015, 05:30 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Educational Qualification for SC Candidates NET/SET exam :

** In case of SC candidate 50% marks is required in Master degree to be eligible for NET/SET exam whereas for General category 55% is a minimum requirement marks in Master level.

** For Junior Research Fellowship : Age should not be more than 28 years but in case of SC/ST/OBC a relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates.

** For Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.

For more information you can visit this website http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/Welcome.aspx
21st May 2015, 06:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm M.A. completed & Now I want give NET SET Exam. So Please inform me that what percentage required for NET SET & I am in SC Caste.
You have completed M.A degree so you are eligible for NET/SET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET/SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
21st May 2015, 08:35 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NET - National Eligibility Test

This is a national level entrance exam conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) and there are eligibility conditions needed to be satisfied such as:

# The candidate appearing should have completed Master’s Degree from universities/institutions recognized by UGC with at least 55% aggregate for general category candidate.

# There are relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates such as SC/ST and OBC, they need to have got at least 50% aggregate.

SET - State Eligibility Test

This exam is conducted on various states and there are eligibility conditions which are needed to be satisfied:

# The candidates should have Master's Degree recognized by U.G.C. Candidates having Post Graduate diploma is also eligible and should have obtained 55% aggregate and there are relaxation for other category candidates.

# For SC/ST & OBC candidates the relaxation is that candidate should have got 50% aggregate.

# There is no upper age limit.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected exam, then you can apply for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?