16th January 2012, 07:46 PM

Which PG medical entrance exam is due in next 6 months?

which pg medical entrance exams are due in next 6 months?...please tell me which is it

10th October 2012, 02:29 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which PG medical entrance exam is due in next 6 months?

There are various Pre- Medical exam/test coming up in the next 6 months, in different states of India.
You can apply for All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), which has now become National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Accordingly, the Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in the academic session 2013-14 on Sunday the 5th May 2013.

For your reference i have attached a 'pdf' file of the press release published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 21st December, 2010.

For further information visit the official website:
http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Press Release.pdf(74.9 KB, 50 views)
10th October 2012, 02:44 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

There are various Pre- Medical exam/test coming up in the next 6 months, in different states of India.
You can apply for All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), which has now become National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. Accordingly, the Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in the academic session 2013-14 on Sunday the 5th May 2013.

For your reference i have attached a 'pdf' file of the press release published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 21st December, 2010.

For further information visit the official website:
http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.html
10th October 2012, 03:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend there would be only one post graduation medical entrance exam from now onwards. The Ministry of Human Resources and Development has scrapped all the entrance exams conducted for under graduation and post graduation courses.

All these exams would get replaced by a common exam called NEET. The idea behind NEET is One Nation, One Exam. This exam has been approved by the Medical Council of India. Therefore from now on, all the private and government colleges are forced to offer admission on the basis of NEET entrance exam.

Therefore if you are looking to apply for a post graduation course in Medical like MD/MDS, you will have to appear for the NEET entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. A BDS/MBBS degree from a recognized university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. Physically handicapped candidates need 45 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need to secure 40 percent marks.

5. You will need to complete the mandatory rotation intermship before appearing for the NEET exam.

Dates

The NEET post graduation medical exam would take place online during 23rd November – 6th December 2012 in 33 cities across the country.

Please remember that these are the dates for NEET PG exam. The NEET exam for under graduate courses like MBBS and BDS would take place on May 5, 2013.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?