20th May 2011, 06:02 AM
mohsinm813

Please give me details regarding ICWAI course?

what is icwai course plz give me details

20th May 2011, 02:01 PM
deepakdeep1

Default Re: Please give me details regarding ICWAI course?

The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) is a premier professional accountancy body.
ICWAI was incorporated under the Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959 and was accorded statutory recognition with the objectives of promoting, regulating, and developing the Profession of Cost & Works Accountancy in India.
Qualifications
[edit]
Cost & Management Accountants (CMAs)

This is the primary qualification of the ICWAI and following completion of up to three levels (Foundation, Intermediate and Final) examinations [7] and three years of practical training [8] in areas like Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Taxation, Audits , Corporate Laws etc. enables an individual to become a Cost & Management Accountant.
The new syllabus has been introduced in January 2008 following the International Education Guidelines (IEG) of IFAC to get the advantages in the process of Mutual Recognition Agreement ( MRA) among /different member countries of the world under GATS in WTO.
Subjects for examinations include management accounting, Financial Accounting, strategic management, taxation , corporate law, financial management, business valuation, financial reporting and cost & management audit etc.
Students who have passed degree examination of any recognized University or equivalent are eligible for admission directly to Intermediate level.
Paperwise exemptions on the basis of reciprocal arrangement are available to students who have passed Institute of Company Secretaries of India Final Examination.[9]
Examinations are held twice a year in June and December in various examination centres in India and overseas centres at Dubai and Muscat.

A student has to successfully pass three levels of examination and complete three years of practical training to be eligible to apply for Associate membership of the Institute.
[edit]
Certificate in IFRS Convergence

In order to equip its members with the knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) which is scheduled to be introduced in India in the near future, ICWAI has introduced the "Certificate Course on International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS) Convergence'. http://icwai.ifrseacademy.com/
[edit]
Certificate in Accounting Technicians (CAT)

The Certificate Course in Accounting Technicians (CAT) [10] was launced by ICWAI in year 2009. This is one year course that comprises examinations, computer Training, practical training and orientation training programmes. The main objective of CAT is to develop among the students the necessary skills required to apply theoretical knowledge of accounting to practical situations in different functional areas of accounting.The CAT Course comprises two levels namely Level-I & Level -II and a CAT aspirant is required to complete both the examinations for obtaining CAT Certification.
[edit]
Diploma in Management Accountancy (Dip. MA)

The Management Accountancy Examination is a post-membership examination. Only Members of ICWAI who have completed at least a period of one year's Associateship are eligible for admission to this examination.[11] This is a research oriented Programme in two parts. Part I consists of two groups and Part II requires for submission of a Dissertation followed by Viva-voce. On completion of the referred Programme, a candidate is eligible to use the letters-"Dip. Ma" after his or her name.
[edit]
Membership

According to Sec 2(b) of CWA Act 1959, “Cost Accountant” means a person who is a member of the Institute. Sec 5(1)provides that the members of the Institute shall be divided into two classes designated respectively as Associates and Fellows.
[edit]
Associate Member

A person who has passed the Final Examination of the Institute and has obtained for a period of not less than three years of practical experience in the field of Cost & Management Accountancy and other related areas can apply for Associate Membership. The practical experience as above may be acquired prior to or after passing the Final Examination or partly before and partly after passing the said examination. The applicant has to produce evidence to the satisfaction of the Council[12]

After admission to membership, members are entitled to use the letter AICWA after his name to indicate that he or she is an Associate Member of the ICWAI.For Example:R.SATHISH,AICWA
Thanks!
20th May 2011, 04:07 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

ICWAI course details::

There are three levels in the ICWAI course.

Foundation course ::

Qualification Criteria
You must have completed the XII exam
You should be atleast 17 years

Intermediate course::

Eligibility :
You must have passed CWA Foundation or have done graduation in any
discipline

Final course.

Eligibility :
You must have have passed Intermediate Examination

Pattern of the ICWAI Foundation Course Exam

It is descriptive type and will be based on Economics , Management,Business
Mathematics and Statistics and Accounting.

Time duration is ::3 hours

For more information:www. icwai-wirc.org
20th May 2011, 04:43 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsinm813 View Post
what is icwai course plz give me details
ICWAI launches e-Learning course on IFRS
ICWAI launches e-Learning course on IFRS and this has been inaugurated by Shri Brijmohan Sharma on March 17, 2011.
20th May 2011, 10:33 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Please give me details regarding ICWAI course?

Hi friend,

The attachment will give you all details regarding ICWAI course.

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: docx icwai.docx(13.5 KB, 75 views)
23rd August 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i failed to clear competency level. so i want to know can i giv competency and inter-1 xzam simultaneously??
12th September 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

please give me information about ICWAI practical training is this compulsary?
14th February 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

fee details of ICWAI foundation cource?
18th February 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

whether we can take pratical trainning after passing final course
10th May 2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Can i Write the Exam in Dubai i registered in Bangalore Chapter
28th May 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

sir this is kavya i have passed 2nd puc and now iam planning to do both icwa and b.com together. so i want to know that whether i should go for b.com morning or
eveining? and also i want to know that is there any practical training as CA in ICWA. Please i will be waiting for your rply sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?