15th April 2018, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced without JEE Main?

Hello friends, I came to know that I have to appear in JEE Mains and after that JEE Advanced. Is it true? I cannot able to appear directly in JEE Advanced without giving JEE Main?

21st April 2018, 11:32 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Advanced without JEE Main?

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination without appearing in JEE Main examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you should have passed and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination. So, if you are interested to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you have to appear and qualify the JEE Main examination, without appearing and qualifying the JEE Main examination, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
21st April 2018, 09:08 PM
ranu shahi

Yes it is true that firstly you have to clear JEE Mains and after clearing it you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced.
If you have not cleared JEE Mains then you can not appear in JEE Advanced.
21st April 2018, 11:29 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear in JEE Advanced exam directly.

For appearing in JEE Advanced Exam, firstly you will have to qualify JEE Main Exam that is conducted by CBSE every year.

Then, the candidate should be among top 2,24,000 candidates of JEE Main to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced exam. There is reservation in top 2,24,000 candidates as per JEE Advanced norms.
23rd April 2018, 07:26 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

To appear in the JEE advanced exam one need to crack the JEE mains exam with good grades.
The Candidates who secure the top 224000 ranks are allowed to sit in the JEE advanced exam.
And it is compulsory for you to crack the JEE mains exam to appear for JEE advanced exam.
All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?