1st February 2017, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in NEET exam fifth time? Terms and age limit for general category student?

Hello sir, I have appeared in NEET four times and this year also want to appear in this exam. Am I eligible to appear in this exam fifth time? Maximum terms and age limit for general category student?

2nd February 2017, 12:24 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in NEET exam fifth time? Terms and age limit for general category student?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

For National Eligibility cum Entrance Test candidate must have passed 12th with PCB from a recognized Board.

For general category candidate the age of applicants should be in between 17 to 25 years.

The number of attempt for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is three and the decision was taken by the University Grants Commission on 24th January 2017.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to participate in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test fifth time.
2nd February 2017, 04:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in NEET exam fifth time? Terms and age limit for general category student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have appeared in NEET four times and this year also want to appear in this exam. Am I eligible to appear in this exam fifth time? Maximum terms and age limit for general category student?
Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam.

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam 2017. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
2nd February 2017, 04:51 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be conducted every year to give admission for the candidates into MBBS/BDS courses.

Candidates can get admission in both government or private medical colleges of India through this Exam.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to be eligible to apply for this exam is by completion of 12th class with minimum of 50% of marks for the candidates of General category and 45% of marks for the candidates of Reserved category.

Candidates should have gone through the subjects Physics,Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology to be eligible for this Exam.

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NEET Exam for the 5th time if you have already attempted 4 times.

Because as per recent changes done by UGC, maximum number of attempts to take NEET Exam is reduced to 3.

This criteria is same across all categories.

Even the maximum age limit for the candidates of General category is 25 years and 30 years for the candidates of reserved categories.
2nd February 2017, 08:43 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You can apply for NEET whatever times if you are within age limit criteria. If your age is between 17 to 25 years, then you can apply for NEET.

NEET Eligibility
- You must be citizen of india.
- You must have passed secondary education science stream with PCB as a main subjects with at least 50%.
- Your age should be between 17 to 25 years on 31st December of the examination year.

NEET Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 180
- Total Marks : 720
- Time Duration : 3 Hours

Important Dates
- Commencement of NEET : 31/01/2017
- End Date of Application : 01/03/2017
- Download NEET Hall Tickets : 15/04/2017
- NEET Exam : 07/05/2017
- NEET Result Declaration : 08/06/2017
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?