12th November 2016, 06:09 AM
rinty banerjee

Am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate?

Respected Sir, I am 22 years old now and I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th November 2016, 08:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to write NEET examination next year at the age of 22 years as a General Category candidate. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with minimum aggregate of 50% marks of PCB stream subjects and should have passed English as a subject in 12th standard from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old as on 31st December of the year of examination.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you will be 22 years old next year, since, you have not crossed the maximum age limit required to appear in NEET examination, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination next year at the age of 22 years as a General Category candidate.
13th November 2016, 08:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinty banerjee View Post
Respected Sir, I am 22 years old now and I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for NEET entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together. Final year candidates are eligible for NEET exam.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
14th November 2016, 08:45 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Under Graduates acronym as NEET UG will be taken by CBSE on behalf of Ministry of Health and Medical Science. For this examination candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology from a recognized board. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years and not be greater than 25 years. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate.
14th November 2016, 10:13 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinty banerjee View Post
Yes, you are eligible to write NEET exam next year that is in the year 2017. The upper age limit for general category is 25 years, so no need to worry as you are within your age limit.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NEET 2017 :

Commencement of application : 1st week of December 2016.

Last date to pay fee and online form submission : 1st week of February 2017.

Availability of Admit card: 1st week of April 2017.

Exam Date : 1st week of May 2017.

Result Date : 1st week of June 2017.

Official website : www.aipmt.nic.in/
14th November 2016, 05:28 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible to apply NEET exam.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
It is the entrance test to get admission for MBBS/BDS.

Eligibility Criteria

You must have qualified 12th standard with physics,chemistry,biology & mathematics.

Age must be in between 17 to 25 years.

The candidates must have scored minimum 50% in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC)

Exam Pattern:-

Duration of exam- 3 hrs

Subjects

Botany

Physics

Chemistry

Zoology
15th November 2016, 10:37 AM
mahhiads

NEET means for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, this exam taken by CBSE for admission in MBBS/BDS. This exam conducted on May-June every year.

Criteria:

Education: 12 Passed PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) with 50% marks

Exam: MCQ Based (3 Hours)

Application Fees: 1000 for Geneaal/OBC, 550 for SC/ST/PH

Your age is 22 Years means you are eligible for NEET 2017.
Notification come in Dec 2016 and Form fill online form to Dec 2016.
15th November 2016, 02:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Required age criteria for the candidates to be eligible for NEET Exam is 17 years to 25 years.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Hence, as per this criteria, you are eligible to appear for NEET Exam.

But to confirm final eligibility, you should fulfill required academic qualification as well.

Only candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and Chemistry are eligible to appear for NEET Exam.

In addition, candidates of General category should score a minimum of 50% of marks in 10+2 with these subjects.

Candidates of OBC/ST/SC category should score a minimum of 40% of marks.

For the candidates of PH/PWD, they need to score minimum of 45% of marks.

If you fulfill this academic criteria as well, then you are surely eligible to appear for NEET Exam.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?