25th January 2017, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam while pursuing 2nd year B.Sc course?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Sc course and I am in the 2nd year of the course. I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NEET exam while pursuing 2nd year B.Sc course? Please answer as soon as possible.

27th January 2017, 04:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam while pursuing 2nd year B.Sc course?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination while pursuing B.Sc. 2nd year. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with 50% aggregate marks taken together and you should have passed English as a subject in the qualifying examination. The age limit required to appear in NEET examination is 17-25 years as on 31st December of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
27th January 2017, 10:10 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam while pursuing 2nd year B.Sc course?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is the national level medical entrance examination held for admission in MBBS or BDS degree course in any medical college across India apart from AIIMS.

The basic educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% from a recognized board of examination. Further the marks requirement in qualfying examination for SC/ST and PH category candidates is 40%.

So being B.Sc degree pursuer so you are eligible for NEET on the educational requirement prospective if you satisfy the above mentioned criteria.

For more details about NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
27th January 2017, 11:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and examination is conducted by CBSE every year for admission in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper and have minimum 50%. The age limit to appear for examination is 17-25 years as on December 31st of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
27th January 2017, 11:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The age limit is 17-25 years for general category candidates. It is relaxed by three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. If your age is within given specified age limit, you can apply for NEET examination.

You must have studied PCB subjects in board exam and scored 50% marks in 10+2. You can apply for NEET exam while pursuing second year Bachelor of science course if you meet both of above criteria.
28th January 2017, 05:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Sc course and I am in the 2nd year of the course. I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know am I eligible to appear for NEET exam while pursuing 2nd year B.Sc course? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for NEET entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together. Your minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age should be 25 years.
7th June 2018, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET 2019 when I'll be in B.Sc second year? What will be the qualifying code?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?