20th August 2017, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join IAF with weak eyesight?

Sir I am Sakshi and m completed my 12th in non medical but my eyesight is very weak so with this can I join IAF and can I apply IAF after 12th

21st August 2017, 10:07 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to join IAF with weak eyesight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir I am Sakshi and m completed my 12th in non medical but my eyesight is very weak so with this can I join IAF and can I apply IAF after 12th

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for Indian air force , because for Indian air force applicants eye sight must be good.

>> In Indian air force it is mentioned in eligibility condition that candidate must have good eye sight and also candidate must be free from any kind of eye defect like night blindness or color blindness.So it is not possible for you to join Indian air force after having weak eye sight.
21st August 2017, 09:00 PM
starberry

IAF stands for Indian Air Force. Eyesight requirements for IAF exam is that a candidate must have good binocular vision. No procedures to have been conducted to correct the visual acuity. Therefore, you cannot join IAF.
22nd August 2017, 12:55 PM
Mattbay

Sorry, Indian air-force having some strict provision about recruiting candidates on the basis of physical standard. Therefore, you cannot join Indian air-force either of ground or air duty. There some other points i would like to clear:

General physical standards:

1] Candidate should have 6/6 eyesight by one and 6/9 with other.

2] candidate with LASIK surgery (a vision corrective process) are acceptable only for short service commission. It is for patient who having myopia from moderate to high myopia ,but it should be done before age of 20.

3] Person who is habitual of wearing glasses is not allow for service.
22nd August 2017, 05:18 PM
manjira...

No, you cannot apply for IAF with weak eyesight. For all branches of IAF good eye sight is mandatory.

IAF is Indian Air Force. The IAF recruits for different branch like ground duty, technical and flying.

The eye sight criteria for IAF is

Minimum visual Acuity- The candidates should have 6/6 vision in one eye and 6/9 in other eye, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.

The candidates should not suffer from night blindness or color blindness.

For admission in Transport and Helicopter stream of Short Service Commission(flying branch) LASIK Surgery is allowed for the correction of vision. After LASIk corneal thickness should be less than 450 microns when measured by a corneal pachymeter.
31st July 2020, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I have a -3.5 eyesight so can I join education instructor
6th December 2020, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Sr i am hearing from 1 year can i join IAF
4th February 2021, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

One eyed person is eligible for IAF
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?