21st November 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Can a girl join Indian Army after 12th with eyesight of 2.5 in right eye and 1.5 in left eye?

I am a girl studying in 12th from PCM. My eyesight is weak (2.5,1.5) and my physical fitness is not too good. Can I join Indian army?

21st November 2016, 10:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl join Indian Army after 12th with eyesight of 2.5 in right eye and 1.5 in left eye?

A girl candidate is not eligible to join Indian Army just after 12th. They can join Indian Army after possessing graduation degree through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Exam .

UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year to make recruitment in the Indian Defense Services.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic qualification :

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age limit :

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for CDS exam.

Selection process :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

21st November 2016, 11:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl join Indian Army after 12th with eyesight of 2.5 in right eye and 1.5 in left eye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a girl studying in 12th from PCM. My eyesight is weak (2.5,1.5) and my physical fitness is not too good. Can I join Indian army?
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

Eye sight for Indian Army:=

Uncorrected without glass – 6/12

Corrected with glass – 6/6

Limits of Myopia – 3.5

Limits of Hypermetropia – +2.5

Binocular vision III

Limits of Colour Perception I

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?