9th June 2017, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam, if my eyesight is weak?

Sir, I can join in Indian army at a higher post I suppose when I can complete my seventeen years I can give NDA exam and I have a doubt that is my eyesight is weak and I can planning to do leader operations and my eye side is correct then I can join Indians Army. Sir, give question and answer fast.

10th June 2017, 12:49 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam, if my eyesight is weak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I can join in Indian army at a higher post I suppose when I can complete my seventeen years I can give NDA exam and I have a doubt that is my eyesight is weak and I can planning to do leader operations and my eye side is correct then I can join Indians Army. Sir, give question and answer fast.
Sorry, that you are not eligible for NDA exam with week eyesight. To be eligible for NDA exam, the candidate must Physically and Medical fit. Since, you are not physically fit so you are not eligible for NDA exam.

Required Eye-Sight for NDA examination

-> The candidate eye sight you should be 6/6 , 6/9 Uncorrected without Glass ,
-> The candidate eye sight should be 6/6, 6/6 , Corrected with Glass
10th June 2017, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have attached the chart of Physical criteria for NDA exam so if you fulfill the criteria then you are eligible for NDA exam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 26 views)
10th June 2017, 11:35 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for National Defence academy you should fulfill some eligibility criteria and should have normal eyesight of 6/6 and 6/9 uncorrected in both eyes. But, if your eyesight is weak you can wear specks and after that your eyesight should be 6/6 and 6/6 corrected in both eyes. But, most of the time candidates get rejected due to their eye problems. However, you can wear specks and correct your eyesight. Below I have attached a link where you can find the total eligibility criteria for NDA.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA 2017eligibility..pdf(383.6 KB, 13 views)
10th June 2017, 06:41 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for NDA exam as your eye sight is weak.
Your eye sight should be 6/6 in both eyes, then you would be eligible.
If with the help of leaser operation your eye sight is corrected to 6/6 then you can only apply for Indian army because these days Indian army has allowed the relaxation of operated 6/6 eyes.
After corrected eye sight you can apply for Indian Army but not can't apply for Indian Air Force as they doesn't allow operated eyes even if they are 6/6.
13th June 2017, 09:29 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Can I apply for NDA exam, if my eyesight is weak?

If you need to apply for NDA examination you should need to be medically and physically fit mainly your eyesight should be in the range of 6/6 if have this criteria surely you can apply for it but if you fail in this criteria you can't apply also if you apply at the last while medical checkup you will be rejected
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?