23rd August 2012, 12:22 PM
gurangel

Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after completion of M.Tech in ECE?

is it possible to join merchant navy after doing Mtech in ECE?

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  2. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  3. How should I be joining Merchant Navy? I have done B.Tech ECE
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream?
  5. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  7. Is this possible for me to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of ECE?
  8. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy -- [New]
  10. Can a ECE B.Tech student join Merchant Navy?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  12. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  13. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  14. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc? Which positions I can get in Merchant Navy?
  15. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  16. How can I Join Merchant Navy after B.Tech in ECE stream
  17. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  18. Admission procedure of joining Merchant Navy after completing of IT engineering course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
23rd August 2012, 02:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after completion of M.Tech in ECE?

The job in Merchant Navy is quite different from the Navy. While the responsibility of Indian Navy is to protect our coasts from possible invasion, Merchant Navy is concerned about trade links of India and rest of the world.

Since large section of trade is done via sea, the role of Merchant Navy becomes very critical. Whether you need to export goods or import them, it has to done by sea. This outlines the importance of Merchant navy not just in India but around the world.

There are wide range of job opportunities available with the Merchant Navy. It is not merely a job that offers fantastic salary and wide potential of promotion but traveling the seven seas is also an adventerous job.

And its not just the salary and sense of adventure but the prestige that is associated with the jobs in Merchant Navy that makes it such a attractive field for the youth of India. In the end, I should also mention that Merchant Navy jobs also comes with huge perks. Several officer level jobs allow you to travel with your wife on the long journeys in the sea.

Although the requirement to get job in Merchant Navy generally is B.Sc in Nautical Science and B.Tech in Marine Engineering, there is possibility for candidates from other branches of Engineering to get job in Merchant Navy.

Eligibility

In order to get officer level jobs in navigational and engineering fields in Merchant Navy, candidate is required to complete either B.Sc in Nautical Science or the B.Tech in Marine Engineering.

In order to apply for any of these courses, you need to complete 12th with PCM as the subjects with at least 60 percent marks.

If interested in Marine Engineering then you would have to appear in IIT-JEE entrance exam.

The age limit is 20 years as on September 1 of the admission year.

The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the SC/ST candidates.

Both Male and Female candidates can apply for Merchant Navy. However candidate should be unmarried. This rule is applied on both gender.

There are some physical requirements that too are required to be pass. This include 6/6 vision with no color blindness or night blindness. You should not have sea sickness. The minimum height requirement is 150cm.

Direct Entry

There is a possibility of direct entry in Merchant Navy, especially for the candidates who have completed Engineering courses. These candidates can apply for the Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer jobs in the Merchant navy.

The requirement is B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/ECE etc.

Your age should not be more than 28 years.

The selected candidates would have to go through 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from the MERI.
23rd August 2012, 03:57 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after completion of M.Tech in ECE?

hi,
Merchant navy is the that filed of navy where you are to deal with the exports and the imports of the goods at a large scale.
Generally young and dynamic candidates are employed with the merchant navy and for the time you are hired you are given an healthy salary.
You can join merchant navy through two fields:
Nautical science and Marine engineering field
Navigational fields
Now since both the fields are different the eligibility for both of them is also different:
now the field in which you should be interested is Nautical science and Marine engineering field as you can do this after 12 th.
eligibility criteria for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
Educational Qualification : You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
you must be Indian citizen.
Age limit for candidates is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.
If you are filling the eligibility criteria then you can go for the exam.
In order to join the marine engineering you have to give the exam conducted by various institutes or you can opt for marine engineering in your engineering entrance exams.
If you go for marine engineering exams then the procedure would be as follows:
written exam
medical tests
If you clear the exam then you will get admitted in the marine engineering course where you will get the training too.
Top maritime institutes in india are:
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI), pune
International Maritime Institute(IMI), Delhi
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training(MANET), Pune
Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering (ITME), Kolkata
Thank you
14th September 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after completion of B.E in Mechancial and M.Tech in Metallurgy
1st December 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

What is job profile for electrical engineers
2nd September 2018, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

My present age is 28 year and 3 month. I completed my btech in mechanical engineering then I completed my mtech in thermal engineering. I belong to OBC OBC category. Can I join merchant navy.
12th October 2019, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, after m. Tech in mech.eng ( spl sub: thermal engineering) I have to complete gme and then join marchat navy company. Or I have to clear part A and part B
10th November 2019, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir, after M.Tech in mech..eng ( spl sub: mainatenance engineering)can I join marchet navy. Plz guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?