9th February 2016, 02:45 AM
sam65%

Is it possible for me to become a lecturer as per my academic qualification?

I have completed M.sc in Zoology through distance education from Netaji Subhas Open University. Is it possible for me to get a job as a lecturer in a Government college after cracking NET exam??? I have got 65.5% marks in B.sc and 61% marks in M.sc.

9th February 2016, 04:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a lecturer as per my academic qualification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam65% View Post
I have completed M.sc in Zoology through distance education from Netaji Subhas Open University. Is it possible for me to get a job as a lecturer in a Government college after cracking NET exam??? I have got 65.5% marks in B.sc and 61% marks in M.sc.
You have completed M.Sc degree in Zoology with 61% marks from Netaji Subhas Open University so you are eligible for UGC NET exam. Because this University is recognized by UGC.

If you have qualify in UGC NET exam then you are eligible for lecturer post in Government college.

Eligibility criteria for lecturer post in government college:-

1.You must have Ph.D degree

or

2.You must have valid UGC NET/SET/SLET score card.

3.Your age should be above 23 years.
9th February 2016, 05:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a lecturer as per my academic qualification?

Yes, it is possible for you to become lecturer as per your academic qualification.

The candidate who wishes to become a lecturer in government collages has to appear for NET entrance conducted by the UGC. NET entrance exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December .

The eligibility criteria for the Lecturer job post are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed the master degree with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university.

-The candidate age must be below 35 years.There is age relaxation as per gov. rules for reserved categories.

-The candidate must be Indian citizen.
9th February 2016, 06:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NET examination. NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is examination conducted by UGC twice every year.

Yes, after qualifying in the examination you become eligible for the recruitment in government college as lecturer. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from any recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no age limit to appear for examination for lectureship post.

The examination is conducted in month of June and December. So, you can appear and qualify in examination for final recruitment. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
9th February 2016, 09:18 PM
kantraman

No on the basis of academic qualification you can not become lecturer if you do so then you will have to clear SET or NET exam for becoming a lecturer in college cadre.But for this it is compulsory to have 55% marks in master degree.
9th February 2016, 10:44 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

You can not become lecturer directly, first of all you will be appointed as Assistant Lecturer and then after promotion you will become lecturer finally.
To become Assistant Lecturer, students need to qualify NET examination.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
It is conducted by CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) from 2015 and earlier it was conducted by University Grant Commission.
The candidates who have completed Master degree course with more than 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to appear in NET examination for Assistant Lecturer as there is no maximum age limit for candidates to appear in it for Assistant Lecturer.
Candidates should appear in NET examination only in the subject with which the candidate have completed Master degree.

After qualifying NET Assistant Lecturer, you will be appointed in any college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?