15th January 2016, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study LLM for becoming a Lecturer?

Hello,
I want to be a Lecturer in college. I want to know if LLM is necessary or compulsory for being a Lecturer as I am already studying LLB. Please reply me.

15th January 2016, 08:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study LLM for becoming a Lecturer?

Yes, if you want to become lecturer in any of government colleges under different universities of India, you must pursue master's degree in law. The entrance examination conducted for becoming lecturer is National Eligibility Test.

NET is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year in June and December every year. The academic qualification required for this exam is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for exam. Candidates from general category must have 55% or more and for OBC and SC/ST candidates is 50%.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
15th January 2016, 09:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, to become a lecturer it is not necessary to have LLM degree.To become lecturer it is necessary to qualify in NET or SET examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and conducted by UGC where as SET examination is conducted by State government. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

The examination is conducted in twice every year in month of June and December. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
15th January 2016, 10:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For becoming lecturer, master's degree is necessary, you can not become lecturer in any college, without master's degree and without clearing NET exam.

NET exam is conducted all over India by UGC for Lectureship. Candidates with 55% marks in master's degree are eligible for NET exam. After LLB, pursue LLM then you can apply for NET exam.

No age limit for lectureship.
15th January 2016, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to be a Lecturer in college. I want to know if LLM is necessary or compulsory for being a Lecturer as I am already studying LLB. Please reply me.
In order to become a lecturer there is no need for you to study LLM course as it is for becoming a lawyer. To become a lecturer is a great thing and to do that you need to crack the NET Exam (National Eligibility Test). This exam is conducted National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission. The exam will be conducted in the months of June and Decemeber

To apply for this exam there are certain eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy and they include:

# You should have a citizenship in India.

# There is no age limit for lectureship. The maximum age limit for JRF exam is 28 years.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate who have completed a Master's degree from a recognized university in any stream with at least 55% aggregate is eligible.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NET Exam.

The exam is conducted as 2 sessions and 3 papers. Paper I will be on general awareness, comprehension, divergent thinking and reasoning ability. Paper II will be a objective paper and the paper will be chosen by the candidate. Paper III will also be a objective paper on the subject chosen by the candidate.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?