2nd September 2010, 09:30 AM
hamitina

Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

hi i have completed engg in CS this year.and planning to take gate . my aggrerate is 78%. before i decided to write gre as my plan was to do MS. But due to some reasons i discontinued the coaching class for gre . i gave up my plan of doing ms coz i found it really very expensive and also there was some other problem.
so can anyone pls tell me :
1.if coaching cls is required .
2.is it possible to prepare for gate in this short time(sep-feb)
3. am i too late for preperation....??

i read in other posts in this forum , some say its gud to join coaching some say no........

pls pls help............. im confused........

Related Questions:
12th May 2011, 10:02 AM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

hii frnd
yeah you are late but don't worry you ve good time toprepare.
you just completed B.Tech so you ve grip on your subjects so you can prepare well.
and join coaching becoz at coaching centre you can find the students better than you...by them also you can prepare and good deccesion.
hey take suggesions from your seniors also..there are real gods,they should help you in this position.
and all the best my hero
12th May 2011, 12:19 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

hi friend, yes you can prepare in 8 months. It will be easy when you join in any coaching centres. so , that they give you model question papers etc.,

So, prepare well and get good marks.
12th May 2011, 05:36 PM
Prerna20

Default Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamitina View Post
hi i have completed engg in CS this year.and planning to take gate . my aggrerate is 78%. before i decided to write gre as my plan was to do MS. But due to some reasons i discontinued the coaching class for gre . i gave up my plan of doing ms coz i found it really very expensive and also there was some other problem.

i read in other posts in this forum , some say its gud to join coaching some say no........

Hi

Yes you can prepare in 8 months time for GATE

I had given GATE and passed with an Average score with 3 months preparation that too not very rigorous preparation

GATE exam course is a mostly your 2nd and 3rd year engineering subjects combined course. So it is not tough to crack.

Coaching would be helpful .. you can take test series ... i think that should be good enough .. it would give you an indication of where you stand between all GATE aspirants.

Regards

Prerna
12th May 2011, 06:38 PM
shoebahmed89

Default Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

8 months are more than enough for GATE preparation. its also depends on ur efforts. joining coaching classes is a good option
12th May 2011, 07:00 PM
javeed

You have ample time for preparation of GATE exam, but do prefer some good coaching centres, they provide you with ways and means for clearing GATE which you cant figure out while self study, there is lot of time, have confidence of clearing and you can win,
ALL THE BEST
13th May 2011, 06:20 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

For GATE Examination 8 months is a short span of time because you have you to look into all your core subjects of Computer Science and even prepare for Mathematics part.So,overall you got to revise the things which you have studied for the entire 4 years in your Engineering.Since you have an aggregate of around 78% hence i hope you must have a grip over your core subjects.

It will be better that you go through coaching classes since you do not have that much time.But do not depend entirely only the coaching classes and you definitely need to keep all your efforts for going through the exam with good marks.Having an aggregate of 78% am sure you can go through the preparation part.Coaching classes only help you up to an extent.They can only provide you short cut and tricks to solve the Mathematics part easily.Since CS is all about logic hence you need to apply your brain for it.

You need to face the GATE examination in planned manner.Just prepare a time table so that which subjects can be studied on a particular day.There's nothing to get confused about.Keep yourself calm and cool and start your preparation in a planned manner you will definitely taste success.
13th May 2011, 08:13 AM
ginny.duggal
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

yes you can prepare in 8 months. It will be easy when you join in any coaching centres. so , that they give you model question papers.................
all the best.....
13th May 2011, 09:23 AM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamitina View Post

Yes you can prepare in 8 months time for GATE.
As you do not have that much time so i think it well be better to join in any coaching centres. They will give you detals about GATE.

You have completed engg in CS with aggregate 78% so it is not more deficult to you.
There is 2nd&3rd combind course in GATE.
Take a good preparetion.
All the best.
13th May 2011, 01:01 PM
kumar77

What is public, protected, private in c language.
13th May 2011, 01:03 PM
kumar77

What is the difference between class and structure?
13th May 2011, 01:06 PM
kumar77

What is encapsulation?
13th May 2011, 01:17 PM
kumar77

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of removing operating system altogether?
13th May 2011, 01:23 PM
kumar77

plz give me a MBA entrance exam list?
13th May 2011, 01:26 PM
kumar77

which way is best for ECE student either GATE OR CAT EXAM PLZ suggest?
13th May 2011, 01:35 PM
kumar77

what about the job oppertunities after doing civil engg.
13th May 2011, 01:44 PM
kumar77

What are the general preparations a candidate should do before attending the inteview.
13th May 2011, 01:52 PM
kumar77

What is diffrence between port and interface?
13th May 2011, 02:00 PM
kumar77

Please give me some tips to improve concentration as when I try to study, my mind is diverted towards other things .
13th May 2011, 03:39 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?

yes fnd u can do it in 8 month
10th July 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to have a comp
5th June 2012, 11:31 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Dear friend.

You are really too late. You will have to spend one year now to write GATE.
But one thing, Scoring high in GATE will shine you career like anything. Trust me.
So I will strongly recommend to appear for GATE

Few things about GATE...
* GATE = Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (stated as people seldom know this)
* GATE is conduted on 2nd sunday of February every Year.
* It gives you access to M.Tech in IISc's, IITs, NIT's & many Other Universities.

You have few benefits in writing GATE now...

1. you can prepare exclusively for GATE alloting more time in a day.
2. You could learn things faster as the subjects in GATE are the same what you have
studied in BTech.

So Forget everything and prepare for GATE.
Good Luck.
Thank you.
30th June 2012, 01:56 PM
Geethu.S

Time is precious, so dont waste your valuable time.
Prepare a time table and strictly follow it.
Join a coaching centre if you have enough time. Otherwise go through the topics yourself and study hard at home.
Collect as many study materials and model question papers as you can, and conduct self mock tests with strict time limit.

PRACTISE is the successful manthra for success.

You should try answering model question papers (without using calculators for the objective questions). This will help a lot in saving time in the exams. Good luck.
3rd January 2013, 02:56 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

If you're having 8 months with you for gate, you must start intensive study for your subjects now.
You don't need coaching for it and once you finish covering up the major topics, then you can join a coaching institute for crash course and test series. Trust me, this is the best strategy for 8 months preparation
18th January 2014, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I am 6th sem in Cs so I have proper time for gate with coaching
2nd July 2019, 08:44 AM
gmittal314

Dear friend

GATE is a very reputed exam organised by IITs. It offers you vast opportunities. You can take admission for M.Tech. or you can go for job in top PSUs.

As GATE is a standard exam prepared by IITs, so you must have very deep and thorough knowledge of the subject. Also there is very limited time to get solutions and answer them. You have to be quick in your responses.

GATE coaching institute provides you with deep knowledge and problem solving approach with shortcut formulas to remember which is very helpful.

So I suggest you to join any good coaching institute ans start preparing.

Yes you can prepare for GATE exam in 8 months. Start focusing on your subject basics and study hard to succeed. You will definitely be successful.

Good Luck
24th July 2019, 07:13 PM
aryaman10

If you are starting from scratch and dont have any idea about the exam pattern, type of questions, syllabus then 8 months could be not enough.
On the other hand, if you have basic idea about the above mentioned things and have good knowledge of intermediate level mathematics then 8 months is sufficient period for one to secure very good rank in GATE.
Coaching classes are not neccessary but it provides good guidance and approach towards the exam.
25th July 2019, 11:20 AM
GiriHariEd

To prepare for GATE exam, you need to spend an year full so that you can attain good result.
But this is not so late, immediately join some good coaching centre and start the preparation.
Full time preparation can only yield good result, so dont think and delay and dont waste an year again.
Start Preparing and concentrate well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?