3rd January 2018, 09:18 AM

Private class is better for 9th failed student or is it better to change the board?

My child failed in 9th class ICSE Board due to less marks in Maths. I don't want him to waste a year. Can I make him appear in private 10th class exam or should I change his board?

5th January 2018, 09:13 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Private class is better for 9th failed student or is it better to change the board?

In my opinion your child should change the board as ICSE is the toughest board in India. Better send your child in CBSE Board or State Board. Make sure that before taking admission to any of the schools, the school should be affiliated with a recognised board because they are many private self-ceritficatied boards which are bogus. If he is poor at Mathematics, more time must be given on this subject or send him to a better tutor.
5th January 2018, 02:42 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Private class is better for 9th failed student or is it better to change the board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
My child failed in 9th class ICSE Board due to less marks in Maths. I don't want him to waste a year. Can I make him appear in private 10th class exam or should I change his board?
Changing the board is not the solution for getting a good marks or saving a year. I would rather advice you to be careful regarding your child studying pattern, try to help your child in his study. See the mistakes that he is doing and try to clarify it. If you cannot help your child in his/her study send him/her to a coaching center or keep a private tuition this will help him a lot. Switching board to private is not a good option may be he will pass and you will save a year of your child but when your child will be going for higher studies then at the time of study they will be looking for recognized board and at time you will be feel bad for switching the board. So, its better help your child pay attention towards his study and do the revision work time to time. Also you can download the sample paper and help him to solve the paper. This way he will be able to develop his concentration towards his study.
5th January 2018, 03:23 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

It is better to study in private because you don’t want waste a year. If your son is unable to study the ICSE mathematics then it is better to change the board. In general the ICSE mathematics is tough compared to other boards. So, confirm with your child that is he comfortable with ICSE mathematics, if he is not better change the board.

There are very few boards which accept direct 10th class admission. So you need to check the eligibility requirements of the board and join in the school.

Since you don’t want to waste a year it’s better to study as private candidate.
5th January 2018, 10:17 PM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

In this situation i have two suggestions for you. You are free to adopt these.

1. Admit your son to a CBSE school.
2. Along with his regular classes in CBSE admit him to a open board i.e. NIOS. In this way you will save year of your son as NIOS will act as alternate as if your son failed in CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?