4th August 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Procedure for admission in Ph.D in English?

sir/madam,
i am m.phil in english, and want to do ph.d. in english.please tell me the procedure for ph. d.admissions . thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  2. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  3. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  5. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  6. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Admission in Ph.D after passing PG in English Literature? What is the procedure?
  8. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
  9. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Delhi University?
  10. Admission procedure and course duration of PhD in Delhi University for a Lecturer of Qassim University who has completed Master's in English Literature in University of Sargodha?
  11. Procedure of pursuing PhD in English from JNU?
  12. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  13. List of universities in Uttar Pradesh to do Ph.D in English with admission procedure -- [New]
  14. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  15. What is the procedure to apply for PhD in English from KUK University? What is the eligibility criteria required for admission?
  16. Detailed information, admission procedure, duration and fee structure of Ph.D(English)? Is it necessary to appear in NET for Ph.D?
  17. Admission procedure to study PhD course in MBU?
  18. What is the procedure followed to get admission in Delhi University to do Ph.D if I am a Pakistani?
1st April 2011, 03:43 PM
chiranjeev90

Default Re: Procedure for admission in Ph.D in English?

hii friend,
in Delhi, PHd programmes in English are conducted by Universities like the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Punjab University and the like. In most cases, the admission is through an Entrance Examination (with your 50% marks in MA, you are certainly eligible to sit in these entrance exams).

You will be selected on the basis of a written test and personal interview.

The candidates who are from DU ,they are invited only to a personal interview.

The selected candidates may apply for financial support to appropriate funding agencies.

for all details visit:http://www.du.edu

and u can check the official website of Delhi University www.du.ac.in
1st April 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

KERALA UNIVERSITY will conduct entrence exam for the selection of eligible candidate for the registration of PhD.If you selected will get scolorship.for further information;www.keralauniversity.com
2nd April 2011, 02:47 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hi !!.
The admission procedure for a Ph.D. in English is as follows:
Provided that a student meets all the eligibility criteria laid down by the University (please see Ordinance VI-B), candidates have to submit a proposal complete with a working bibliography, some details of the work already done, etc.
And these proposals are then examined by the Departmental Research Committee and applications from outside the University system are selected on the basis of a written test or/and personal interview. Then t
hose from within the DU system are invited only to a personal interview.
On being selected the candidates may apply for financial support to appropriate funding agencies.
2nd April 2011, 03:05 AM
tannu90

dear friend her eyou get your answer please check it

http://www.englishdu.ac.in/index.php...sion-procedure
2nd April 2011, 04:22 PM
kesolo jemu

hi, enroll your name in the university of concern department and the university will direct you.
21st July 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I completed M.A in english literature (with abt 70%) this year. would like to enroll for Ph.d directly. is this possible without doing an mphil and what is the procedure. and which are the best universities i can apply too. can i still apply this year or will i have to wait till next year ?
30th January 2012, 04:08 PM
brbalakrishnan
Member+

hi,

hii friend,
in Delhi, PHd programmes in English are conducted by Universities like the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Punjab University and the like. In most cases, the admission is through an Entrance Examination (with your 50% marks in MA, you are certainly eligible to sit in these entrance exams).

You will be selected on the basis of a written test and personal interview.

The candidates who are from DU ,they are invited only to a personal interview.

The selected candidates may apply for financial support to appropriate funding agencies.

for all details visit:http://www.du.edu

and u can check the official website of Delhi University www.du.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?