7th September 2017, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for civil service exam after joining BA history course?

Procedure to apply for civil service exam after joining BA history course? Can you please provide me the complete details which I have to follow? My goal is to get appointed as IAS soon, so kindly give me the information with details. Thanks!

9th September 2017, 10:13 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to apply for civil service exam after joining BA history course?

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

You will be eligible to apply for Civil Services exam only in final year of bachelor's degree. Minimum age is 21 years, till then prepare for this exam. Start preparing by reading NCERT books of social science subjects from 6th to 12th standard.
9th September 2017, 11:33 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for civil service exam after joining BA history course?

To be eligible to apply for civil service examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised university. The age criteria required to apply for civil service examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. You can apply for civil service examination through UPSC official website once, the applications are invited by the UPSC.
9th September 2017, 11:51 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After joining BA History course, you can apply for Civil Service Exam in the final year of your graduation.

You can also appear for Civil Services Exam after passing your graduation.

Firstly, you have to clear Preliminary Exam of Civil Services exam.

After that, you will have to qualify Main Exam only if you qualified Preliminary Exam.

Finally, Personal Interview will be conducted of Main exam qualified candidates.
9th September 2017, 05:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, doubt you will be eligible to appear in Civil Service examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you must start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of examination from now.

The basic strategy to start preparation for examination is start reading newspaper, NCERT books, PIB etc.

For syllabus and other detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th September 2017, 06:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. Further the examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test followed by Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

For more details regarding the syllabus and pattern of examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?