3rd August 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS after BA in History? Preparation tips for the exam?

Hello Sir, Can I apply for IAS after completion of B.A in History? Please tell me the procedure to be followed. Should I start preparation from +2 or from Graduation onwards. Please clarify my doubt.

4th August 2016, 12:16 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after BA in History? Preparation tips for the exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree in History and of course you can start the preparation for examination from now to qualify in examination to become an I.A.S Officer.

To qualify in examination candidate need to have determination, dedication and devotion to the studies.

From now you must focus on the Current Affairs, English and Social Studies paper as it is essential to have better knowledge to qualify in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2016, 11:10 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after BA in History? Preparation tips for the exam?

First of all to apply for IAS a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university it is minimum qualification & age must be between 21 years to 32 years. There are age relaxation applicable for reserved category.

To become Indian Administrative Service officer, you need to face Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

You must start preparation after graduation as 12th is board. Need to study for 10-12 hours daily to prepare yourself for Preliminary Test & Written Exam. This exam is one of the toughest exam in India. Join coaching classes for best preparation. Need to invest your 8-9 months on full preparation. A very few candidates manage to crack this exam in their first attempt. Buy UPSC Civil Service Book for your preparation. Below I have attached the notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 19 views)
4th August 2016, 12:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, Can I apply for IAS after completion of B.A in History? Please tell me the procedure to be followed. Should I start preparation from +2 or from Graduation onwards. Please clarify my doubt.

Yes, you can apply for Civil Service Examination (IAS, IPS etc) after BA in History. The civil service examination, conducted by UPSC, has three parts. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The candidate has to clear the Preliminary examination first. The candidate can prepare for the examination with the help of books and coaching classes. The coaching classes will be very much useful to clear the examinations. The candidate can make use of the books available in online also and go through the previous question papers available. The candidate must attend mock test available in the classes and online. They must read the newspapers regularly to update his knowledge and current affairs.
4th August 2016, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BA history degree is definitely enough to make you eligible for IAS exams. You have to apply for UPSC releases notification for civil services exam. You can apply for it through their official website in online mode.

You can get the syllabus for exam through their notification and start preparing according to the syllabus. Opt for some good study material and start your preparation.
15th June 2017, 10:19 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Can I apply for IAS after BA in History? Preparation tips for the exam?

Hai friend,
Yes you can apply for IAS after completion of BA in history.you can start your preparation after 12th there is no need for waiting for completion of graduation for your IAS preparation start studying the NCERT books, read the Hindu newspaper daily this will improve your English language skills and general knowledge, also start moulding your personality because that will be useful in interview finally follow these steps you will be a successful IAS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?