24th September 2016, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a SP?

I want to become a SP, but I don't know how to apply for it. I have completed B.Sc with physics. I have no idea about the procedure. Please guide me so that I can achieve my dream. What is the procedure to become a SP? Thanks.

25th September 2016, 01:00 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a SP?

To become a SP you should apply for UPSC exam. It is conducted by UPSC every year.
You have to select some optional subject for discriptive examination.
Eligibility criteria:-
Candidate must have a graduation degree from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have atleast 45% aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 42 years.

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
25th September 2016, 01:29 AM
karishma singh kashyap
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become a SP, but I don't know how to apply for it. I have completed B.Sc with physics. I have no idea about the procedure. Please guide me so that I can achieve my dream. What is the procedure to become a SP? Thanks.
You have to apply for upsc civil services exam which is conducted from union public service commision.then you have to prepare for cset exams which is the previous test of civil services exam than after qualifying the cset exam you have to qualify the mains exam with a good remark. The cadres like as IAS, IPS, are given on the basis of the top ranked marks which you will gain. The apropriate institution , resources, and atmosphere which you need for preparation will found in New Delhi at Mukherji nagar.
For informations and details you should visit www.upcs.gov.in.
25th September 2016, 03:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SP stands for Superintendent of Police. It comes under Indian Police Services. The recruitment to Indian Police Services is done through Civil Services Examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for selection of candidates to different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

The academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for Civil Services examination. The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxed for candidates of reserved categoyr.

There are three stages of this exam which you need to clear to join Indian Police Services:

1. Preliminary Examination.

2. Main examination.

3. Interview.

After bachelor's degree in Physics, you can apply for Civil Services exam. The notification for 2017 exam will come on 22nd February, 2017.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?