24th May 2012, 06:13 PM
anita dhanda

Last date for IPS exam? What is the procedure for IPS exam?

I want to know the last date for IPS exam,and hoe can i applied for IPS exam,and is it necessary to clear UPSC exam and i also want to the procedure for IPS exam

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? How much percentage is required for IPS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Where IPS exam will be held in Maharashtra? Exam date and tips for preparation? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure of IPS? I have completed degree this year
  4. Procedure to appear for IPS exam? From where to get the form to apply for this exam?
  5. Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?
  6. Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?
  7. How to prepare for IPS entrance exam? Last age for IPS exam?
  8. Required age limit for IPS Exam? Last date to fill the application forms for IPS Exam?
  9. How is the IPS exam conducted? Which are the subjects for IPS?
  10. When to get application forms for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? Reference books to prepare for IPS Exam?
  11. How to prepare for become an IPS officer? Requirement for joining IPS academy? Procedure for appearing for the exam? From where to get the form?
  12. How to become an IPS officer after completing B.E
  13. How can I become an IPS officer after doing BCA in 2nd year? Books to be referred for IPS?
  14. What's the procedure to apply for IPS exam? List of the top training institutes in Noida for the same? I am persuing B.Tech(final year) with civil engineering stream
  15. whats the requirements for IPS exam?
  16. Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?
  17. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  18. When is the next IPS entrance exam? Procedure for applying for the exam?
7th October 2012, 08:04 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Last date for IPS exam? What is the procedure for IPS exam?

To become IPS officer it is absolutely necessary to clear the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). There is no such thing as direct entry. You will have to appear for the exam and the candidates will be selected based on their performance.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. The role of the IPS officer is to control riots. He participates in various meetings which include top officials of the state to decide on steps to control riots.

IPS officer also ensures safety of the VIP. Apart from it he actively work to burst smuggling of drugs and humans across the state. In recent years counter terrorism operations have also seen IPS officers joining hands with the BSF and CRPF.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

3. Your age should be 21 to 30 as on August 1 of examination year.

4. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age for OBC.

5. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Physical Requirements

Height:

Male: 165 cm (General) and 160 cm (ST)

Female: 150 cm (General) and 145 cm (ST)

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

No color blindness or night blindness

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exams

Number of Attempts

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No limit

The notification of the Civil Service Exam is published in the months of November or December. The preliminary exam takes place next year in May. You can get complete information about the admission process on UPSC official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Last date for IPS exam? What is the procedure for IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita dhanda View Post
I want to know the last date for IPS exam,and hoe can i applied for IPS exam,and is it necessary to clear UPSC exam and i also want to the procedure for IPS exam

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

For applying IPS a candidate have to apply for Civil Service Examination (CSE) and also crack it with good score......

This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in Year in month of June and December.....

Eligibility and Criteria:
  • A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.
  • Age should be between 21 - 30 years (For OBC +3 years and SC/ST +5 years).....
  • A candidate have a Nationality of INDIA.

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
  2. Geology
  3. History
  4. Law
  5. Arabic
  6. Assamese
  7. Bengali
  8. Agriculture
  9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  10. Anthropology
  11. Botany
  12. Chemistry
  13. Civil Engineering
  14. Commerce & Accountancy
  15. Economics
  16. Electrical Engineering

all the best

With Regards.....
Dharm27
7th October 2012, 04:04 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Default Re: Last date for IPS exam? What is the procedure for IPS exam?

Hi Aspirant

IPS Stands for the Indian Police Service for which the upsc department is conducting the civil services exam every year and you have to write the exam if you want to join the IPS Post .In the Civil services exam the posts like IAS And IPS And DSP Also includes and the posts will be given according to merit list ..

Their is 3 stages in the exam and the first one is the pre exam and than after this their is the Mains exam and the main exam is most difficult among the all other stages because out of almost all of the students are failed in the Mains exam .So you have to study very much hard for the exam ..

Education Qualification Required for the CSE Exam:

> The Candidate must be a graduate

> The Candidate of final year can also apply for the exam

> The Aspirant just need a passing degree

Age Limits :

> for general 21-30

> For obc 21-33

> For sc,st 21-35

> For the ph 21-40

Number of Attempts :

04 General

07 for OBC

Unlimited for the SC,ST

You can apply for the exam by just visiting the website of the upsc and selecting the form of the Civil services exam and than fill your details like your address and your name and father name and also upload you scanned photo and signature and pay the fee through either SBI Net Banking or pay it through Bank Challan..

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?