18th September 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an IAS officer? I have done BSc PCM

hi,
i am neha and i want to know the procedure to become an IAS officer.
I have done my B.Sc (P.C.M). please tell me the way to become an IAS officer

1st October 2012, 12:24 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IAS officer? I have done BSc PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS Officer, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, every year in two stages, preliminary examination and main examination.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination, final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Firstly you have to apply for the Preliminary examination, there are two papers in this examination and both are objective one. If you cracked the preliminary examination, then you are eligible for Main examination.

Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subject in Main examination.

Notification are announced in Febrauary in all national dailies. Preliminary exam is conducted in May, after getting through this stage, then you can write Mains, which is conducted in Oct. After this comes Interview, this exam is objective as well as subjective. You can chose one optional, which you have studied in graduation.

Other than optional, you have to prepare for General science & awareness, current affairs and one exam would be there in Mains.

If your Graduation is complete then you can apply for this examination in next year in the month of February, the dates for next year examination is already updated in the official website.

Please visit the official website for more details about Civil services examination.

upsc.gov.in
1st October 2012, 12:51 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

IAS - Stands for Indian Administrative Service

Is all done though the same "UPSC held Civil Services" Examination. This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS Officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same.

If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just in case you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS.

If you become as IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. your will be part of the Govt. yu can work from "the inside" and change "the system".

However, getting into the IAS is not that easy. There is a very competitive "one year long" exam. to get into the IAS, you probably will have to try more than once before you succeed. and even if you clear the exam, then you have to get a very good score to qualify for the IAS. So, basically getting into the IAS is not that easy.

to get into the IAS, you will have to give the "UPSC Held Civil Services Examination". It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc. To succeed in the "Civil Services Examination" you first need to understand how the examination is conducted or the examination format
2nd October 2012, 01:08 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Procedure to become an IAS officer? I have done BSc PCM

Hello dear,

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.goV.in\
21st October 2012, 10:27 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi,i am neha and i want to know the procedure to become an IAS officer.I have done my B.Sc (P.C.M). please tell me the way to become an IAS officer
You are definitely eligible to apply for the IAS examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service. The IAS examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. To appear in the IAS entrance examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination.
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination. So, if you completed the graduation degree in any discipline then don't worry you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

Do preparation well for the upcoming IAS examination. For more information regarding IAS examination please visit the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st October 2012, 08:27 PM
tradus

HI,

These are some Procedure to become an IAS officer---------------------

1.You must have completed your graduation from recognised university
2.Final year candidates may also apply
3.Your age should between 21 to 30 years
4.Age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

This should help
thank you
22nd October 2012, 06:13 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

Exam date of 2013 is already announced in UPSC website.the exam date of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2013 is -

DATE OF NOTIFICATION :- 02.02.2013
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :- 04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM :- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

Offline registration fees for civil service exam is 100/- and Online fees are 50/- .There is no registration fees for SC/ST/OBC and female candidate .

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC -> www.upsc.goV.in

WITH REGARDS
SAM
17th December 2012, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i am Moin
i m stydng in 12 and i want to join ips whats the next procedure tell me
17th December 2012, 07:01 PM
muse65

IAS stands for Indian administrative officer and the selection of IAS officer is done through the Civil services exam.First of all you have to buy the application form from the post offcies of india which comes out in the month of January.

The fees of application form is free for SC/ST and reserved categories but it will cost you Rs 100 if you are from general category student.

THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS is:

1)A candidate must have passed his graduation in any field from any recognized university.
2)A candidate in the final year of graduation is also eligible for the IAS exam.
3)Natonality:

* Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
* For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

1. a citizen of India,
2. a subject of Nepal,
3. a subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India.

4)Age limit: A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

For SC/ST 5 years of relaxation.
For OBC 3 years of relaxation.

5)Number of attempts:

* General candidates: four attempts.
* Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
* Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:

The test conducted is of three types:

1)CSAT(civil services aptitude test)
2)MAINS TEST
3)personal interview.

You will allowed to appear in the mains only if you qualify the CSAT exam.And you will be interviewed only when you have cleared the mains exam.
21st December 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

SIR, MAIN BSC2nd YEAR KA STUDENT HOON .AND BSC PCM SE KAR RAHA HOON. MAIN IAS KE PRELIM AND MAINS EXAM KI PREPARATION KE LIYE ISKA SYLLABUS WITH WRITER JANANA CHAHATA HOON.AUR JANANA CHAHATA HOON KI MAIN MAINS EXAM ME KAUNSA SUBJECT CHOOSE KAR SAKTA HOON .AUR YADI MAIN MATHS CHOOSE KARNA CHAHOON TO MAINS MAINS EXAM KIS TARAH KA AYEGA . AUR INTERVIEW KI PREPARATION MAIN KIS TARAH KAR SAKTA HOON .
10th January 2013, 10:48 PM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to become an IAS officer? I have done BSc PCM

Quote:
hi,
To become an IAS officer one has to go through cicil services exam conducted by upsc .A graduate in any stream from any recognized university is eligible for civil services exam conducted by upsc, provided that he/she fulfills the following age limit-

general- 20 to 30 yrs.
sc/st- 20 to 35 yrs.
obc- 20 to 33 yrs.

the pattern of this examination is as below-

preliminary - general studies & CSAT

main- general studies (two papers), two optional subjects(two paper each), essay, english grammar , one Indian language.

interview.

eligibility- graduation from any stream and age between 21 to 30 years for general candidates.

students in final year of graduation are also eligible for this exam.

best of luck
15th July 2013, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have electronics and comunication branch in b-tech . Will it be helpful for me in IAS exam?
7th June 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to know can i choose any subject for main exam according to my choice.
30th November 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Guide the eligiblity criteria to become a civil server after B.sc from physics owner subject and what will be the optional subjects in main after primilinary? Also in above discussions choosing of objective/subjective question in main/interview, what is this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?