8th June 2017, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian army after completion of 12th and 21 years of age?

I want to join Indian army. I have passed 10th and I left my study for 2 years and again I have taken my admission in ISC 10+2 And my age is 21 years now. What the best way to join army and serve as officer? Name Aviraj Singh. Awaiting for the response.

9th June 2017, 06:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian army after completion of 12th and 21 years of age?

At senior secondary level, National Defense Academy entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

The upper age limit for NDA examination is 19.5 years. You are not eligible for NDA entrance examination.

You can pursue Bachelor's degree to apply for Combined Defence Services exam for joining Army. Upper age limit for CDS is 19-25 years.
9th June 2017, 08:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian army after completion of 12th and 21 years of age?

Two join Indian Army after 12th standard candidate has to appear in NDA exam. But as per the age requirement you have cross the age limit , so you are not eligible to appear in NDA exam but let me tell you that if you complete your graduation then you can appear in CDS exam to join Indian Army.
To appear in this exam candidate must have age between 20 to 24 years. You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
9th June 2017, 09:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

At the age of 21 you cannot join Indian Army through National Academy defence entrance exam. You are still a 10 + 2 pass student so you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University in order to join Indian Army and after completing your graduation you are eligible to appear in CDS exam.
9th June 2017, 09:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming an officer in Indian Army you basically have two options, one is through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) and other one through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ).

Now as you have mentioned that at present your are 21 years old and have completed your Class 12th only and hence it is quite difficult for you to serve Indian Army as an officer as you are neither eligible for entry through NDA as for the same maximum permissible age is 19.5 years and nor through CDS for which the minimum educational qualification required is a graduation degree with age lying within 19 years to 24 years which is not possible in your case as it would at least take three years to complete graduation from now which means that you will cross the maximum allowed age for entry through CDS by the time you complete your graduation.

But with your educational qualification and age you are eligible for other posts like soldier clerk, soldier tradesmen, soldier, etc. in Indian Army for which more updates and details can be obtained by referring to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

Also for details regarding NDA and CDS examinations you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th June 2017, 11:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard, being a 21 years old candidate. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. You should have passed 12th standard and should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining Indian Army. Since, you have crossed the maximum age limit of 19 1/2 years, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
10th June 2017, 08:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To serve Indian Army as a commissioned officer one basically has two options one is through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) for which one needs to qualify NDA entrance examination where as other one is through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) by qualifying CDS entrance examination.

Both NDA and CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination followed by SSB interview.

--> Further for appearing in NDA entrance examination, one must hold the nationality of India with his age lying between 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also he must have either completed his Class 12th academics in any discipline or must be in the final year of same from a recognized board.

--> And for appearing in CDS entrance examination, one must have completed his bachelor degree course in any discipline with his age lying within 19 years to 24 years. Also he/she must hold the nationality of India as well as physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Now as it is evident from above facts that you are not eligible for entry through NDA as your age which is 21 years at present is above the maximum allowed age for appearing in NDA entrance examination which is 19.5 years. Also you are not eligible for entry through CDS as your age will exceed 24 years by the time you complete your graduation degree course.

For more details about NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?