28th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after completion of 12th NIOS with PCM & Language?

Hello Sir,
Can I go for Indian Army after doing 12th from NIOS Board? My subjects are Hindi, English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry? Please let me know about this asap.

29th May 2016, 05:39 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after completion of 12th NIOS with PCM & Language?

Yes, to join Indian Army at a commissioned rank, you need to fight the Combined Defence Services Examination, popularly known as the CDSE.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
29th May 2016, 08:32 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after completion of 12th NIOS with PCM & Language?

Yes, you can join Indian Army after completion of 12th from NIOS.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School. It is a recognized Board by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (HRD), Government of India.

After passing 12th, you can appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC to join Indian Army. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Academic qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
29th May 2016, 10:06 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from NIOS Board. As NIOS Board is a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination to join in Indian Army. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification..
29th May 2016, 01:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is one of the three Central Board of education of India apart from CBSE & ICSE and hence it is recognized by every institute and so by NDA too.

Being a Class 12th passed student with PCM group, you are eligible for becoming defense officer in all the wings of NDA i.e; Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Indian Army.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to clear NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, you need to satisfy the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree or a degree equivalent to same from a recognized institute.

* You must be a unmarried male with physical fitness as per the service norms.

For more details about the same examination, refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; wwww.upsc.gov.in.
29th May 2016, 03:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army after 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling. But for joining Army, you will have pass in National Defence Academy Entrance exam.

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC.

A candidate must fulfill following criteria to apply for this exam.

He should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. His age must be between 16.5-19.5 years. Female candidates are not allowed which means only unmarried males can apply.

You can apply for NDA exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
29th May 2016, 04:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Can I go for Indian Army after doing 12th from NIOS Board? My subjects are Hindi, English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry? Please let me know about this asap.
You have completed 12th standard with PCM subject from NIOS board, so you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
29th May 2016, 07:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can go for Indian Army after 12th from NIOS board. There is no issue in that as National Institute of Open Schooling is valid for all government job entrance exams and higher studies.

*You can join Indian Army through National Defence Academy exam. NDA exam has criteria that you must be between 16.5-19.5 years and female candidates can not apply for this exam.

There is written test and Service Selection Board, both stages must be cleared in order to join Indian Army.
29th May 2016, 08:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA exam if you want to join Indian Army based on class 12th. Age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years and must be an unmarried male.

You can also try for various recruitment rallies which are conducted by Indian Army for various non officer posts. Selection will be based on written exam and physical fitness test.
29th May 2016, 09:05 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for National defence academy examination.

To enter into Indian army after completion of class 12, the candidate must have passed class 12 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board of education. As NIOS is recognized board of education, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination.

The candidate must have to appear for an entrance examination namely National defence and Naval academy examination (NDA & NA).

After being qualified in NDA examination the candidate will enter into the Military academy.

The notification will be released in the month of June, 2016.

To view the official website click here
29th May 2016, 11:08 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Yes, you can join Indian Army after completion of 12th NIOS with PCM. You can appear for NDA examinations with 12th qualifications. The National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted by UPSC; you can find the details in the UPSC website. You need to have some physical standards (like Height, Weight and Eyesight) to suit the requirements. The candidate should be unmarried male candidate and born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2001. You can apply online through the UPSC website link Official website.
30th May 2016, 02:40 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army after having completed your 12th board from NIOS as there is no such problem in it. You will have to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to get into Indian Army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?