23rd July 2012, 08:28 AM
abuverghese

Procedure to make entry into Indian Army after completion of 3 year Hotel Management course?

I am in my final year of a 3 yr Hotel Management Degree course. I am vert interested in joining the Indian Army on a short service commision upon my graduation in April 2013. Kindly guide me through the selection and qualification procedure. My present course of study does not require me to study the PCM subjects. Your learned guidance will be much appreciated

23rd July 2012, 09:52 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to make entry into Indian Army after completion of 3 year Hotel Management course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuverghese View Post
I am in my final year of a 3 yr Hotel Management Degree course. I am vert interested in joining the Indian Army on a short service commision upon my graduation in April 2013. Kindly guide me through the selection and qualification procedure. My present course of study does not require me to study the PCM subjects. Your learned guidance will be much appreciated

If you are interested in joining any one of the defense academies of India then you need to give the Combined Defence Services Examination(CDS) which is conducted by the UPSC.

This exam is basically conducted to test the potentialities of the aspirants who wants to be a part of these academies. By giving this exam you can either join the Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Officer's Training Academy or Air Force Academy.

To join the Indian Military Academy you need to be a graduate in any discipline and your age should not be less than 19 years when you go to apply for this exam.

If you have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or a degree in engineering or technology then you can apply for the naval academy. Age should vary between 19 and 22 years.

For the air force academy as well the same educational qualification as mentioned above for naval academy is required. But the age limit is 19 to 23 years.

Lastly, for officer's training academy a bachelor's degree in any discipline is more than enough and your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Selection Procedure includes:

Written Exam
Personality Test

Exam Pattern:

CDS Exam Physical Criteria:

Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2012, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to make entry into Indian Army after completion of 3 year Hotel Management course?

i m in 2nd yr of B.U.M.S. i just want to know which kind of diploma therapies i can do after compeltion of my B.U.M.S. and where????????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?