9th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

To pursue a job in government sector what is the age limit prescribed?

What is the age limit in service of government. jobs...can you please inform me about the limit

11th June 2011, 12:13 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To pursue a job in government sector what is the age limit prescribed?

Hello friend,
Since the age limit may vary as per the post and departments, For most of the government jobs, you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be over 30 years. For some of the jobs the maximum age limit is 25 years.
The job which demands a masters degree, accepts candidates upto the age of 32 years and the job for an undergraduate requires the candidate to be within 19 years.
The upper age limit is usually relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
25th June 2011, 12:15 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: To pursue a job in government sector what is the age limit prescribed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the age limit in service of government. jobs...can you please inform me about the limit
Hey,
For getting govt job you have to face few entrance exam.
The eligibilty creteria for this exam are:
1>age limit:
minimum age:21 years
maximum age:30 year on i august
2>you must be graduate to give these exam.

good luck
21st April 2012, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

I just read on the OPM website that the upper age limit is for job catagories such as law enforcement. I am hard-pressed to believe someone in there late thirties or early fourties could not apply to non-law enforcement jobs. What could the ratioanle for eliminating from the applicant pool people over thirty? Also, wouldn't this invite law suites based on age discrimination?
4th May 2012, 10:10 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

To persue a government job age requirements is differant in differant sectors.

Age limits for government jobs:

The minimum age for the government jobs is 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years.
But in some sectors they need 35years is the maximum age.

The minimum educational qualification is graduation from any recognised university, also it accepts the Master's degree, some sectors minimum educational qualification is master's degree.

If you mention the particular jobs i can give you all the details.

Age limits for most of the jobs is 21 years to 30 years.

The upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years and the upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates is 5years.
24th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Age limit for GEN candidate to apply for Any state/central government job????
please reply with suitable government job for 40 years old general candidate.
thanks,
VKR
27th January 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

i am 33 yrs old for which govt. job can i apply.
sonu.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?