3rd August 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for government teachers job?

Have done M.Tech in computer science. Went into IT industry after doing M.Tech. After 5 years of experience, shifted into teaching lane. Currently in teaching in private sector. Want to shift into teaching lane in any government college. What is the age limit of getting into government teaching sector? Please reply.

3rd August 2015, 01:13 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for government teachers job?

The age limit is different for various boards to which you are applying. However, the candidates should complete his/ her graduation/ post graduation from recognized university.

The age limit for the teaching jobs has been raised to 40 years i.e., from 35 years to 40 years.

To get into the government colleges, the candidate should write the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) or Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) exam conducted by the government of India.
3rd August 2015, 01:35 PM
@bhijeetearns

Hi..........,

You are a M.tech student and want to make carrier in teaching line at government school and colleges. I will suggest you to complete your P.hd as this will further help you in getting good government universities.
As per your request i am mentioning the age limit of the government colleges....
#For general category it is now 37 years.
#For SC and ST category it is now 42 years
#For OBC candidates and handicap section it is now 40 years.
You can also take part in TET examination and can qualify it for getting government schools at your state.

Thanks
3rd August 2015, 02:13 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To become government lecturer, you have to clear NET/SLET exam.

Age limit to apply for these exams is :

For Junior Lectureship : 28 years
For Senior Lectureship : No age limit
3rd August 2015, 08:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have done M.Tech in computer science. Went into IT industry after doing M.Tech. After 5 years of experience, shifted into teaching lane. Currently in teaching in private sector. Want to shift into teaching lane in any government college. What is the age limit of getting into government teaching sector? Please reply.
You have completed M.Tech in Computer Science so you are eligible for lecturer in government college but you must have valid UGC NET/SET score.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?