17th September 2016, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job at the age of 34 years?

Dear sir I am 34 years old and I want to go in government sector job. Age is the mejor fector fector because in every government job the age limit is 28 or 30. So please tell me for which job I apply. My education qualifications is BA Arts and MBA in marketing RRegards DDesraj

18th September 2016, 12:12 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job at the age of 34 years?

Your age might create problem to apply for the government jobs. If you belong to general category then cannot apply but if fall under Sc/St or OBC category then will get age relaxation.Sc/St get 5 years and 3 years for OBC
18th September 2016, 08:03 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

The upper age limit to apply for government jobs is 30 years. As you are of 34 years of age so you can apply for government teaching jobs but, for that you need to have B.ED qualification.

If you belong to SC/ST category, then the upper age limit for you will be 35 years hence, you can apply for all the government jobs.

But if you don't belong to the above mentioned categories then, you can only apply for group C and group D in government service. For general candidates the upper age limit to apply for group C and group D is 40 years and for SC/ST category is 45 years.

So, at this age you are eligible to apply only for group C and group D in government service being a general candidate. If you are a SC/ST candidate then you can apply for all government jobs at the age of 34.
18th September 2016, 08:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir I am 34 years old and I want to go in government sector job. Age is the mejor fector fector because in every government job the age limit is 28 or 30. So please tell me for which job I apply. My education qualifications is BA Arts and MBA in marketing RRegards DDesraj
Yes, you can apply for government sector jobs like Assistant Teacher through TET examination.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for Elementary stage of TET exam.

There are no age criteria for TET exam.
18th September 2016, 08:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is based on the Government job which you are interested to get. Since, 32 years is the maximum age limit to be eligible for Central Government exam. Being a 34 years candidate you can apply for State Government jobs like Uppsc, Up ssc, Bpsc, Bihar ssc, states Psu etc. You can also make your career in Teaching field by qualify in B.Ed and TET entrance exam.
18th September 2016, 09:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to get a government job at the age of 34 years:-

For the government jobs the maximum age limit is 30 years for general category.

For BC it will be 28 years and for SC / ST it will be 35 years.

These are all general age upper limit for government jobs.

This may vary from state to state so you can check the age limit in your state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?