3rd November 2010, 11:42 AM
mahwish rashid

For pursuing Hotel Management after 12th which stream should I choose after 10th?

i am a student of class 10th.for pursuing hotel management after 12th, which stream should i choose after 10th?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose after 10th so that I could pursue Hotel Management after 12th?
  2. For pursuing Hotel Management after 12th which stream should I choose after 10th?
  3. Am I eligible to get into hotel management after 12th if I have scored 80% marks in 10th?
  4. Which stream should I choose for pursuing Diploma in Hotel Management?
  5. Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?
  6. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra?
  7. How to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after 12th Commerce?
  8. Which stream should I select after passing 10th standard? I want to do hotel management
  9. Is Maths compulsory for pursuing Hotel Management (Chef)?
  10. Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream
  11. How can I study Diploma in Hotel Management after completing 10th standard? Percentage required in 10th to do this course?
  12. Which stream should I choose for Hotel Management course to get a job in Airlines sector as an Air Hostess? -- [New]
  13. What subjects I need to take up in school to become air hostess in future?
  14. Can i do Hotel management after 12th with arts stream without giving any entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Possibility to study Hotel Management course from best IIHM if failed in 12th (Commerce) in first attempt?
  16. Am I eligible to do Hotel Management after diploma in automobile engineering?
  17. Hotel Management or Architecture? Which one to choose after 12th and why?
  18. Job in hotel management and tourism for Art stream students
15th April 2011, 01:48 AM
babydoll

Default Re: For pursuing Hotel Management after 12th which stream should I choose after 10th?

Hello friend,
There is no restriction of stream for doing hotel management after passing 12th. So whichever stream you take doesn't matter for doing the hotel management.
After 12th you can directly apply for hotel management entrance test. In fact you can get direct admission in many of the hotel management college.
So don't get worried about the stream. But i would like to suggest you to take science stream after 12th for better career. Let us suppose your mind would change and you get interested towards technical field then science stream will helps you a lot.
15th April 2011, 05:22 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: For pursuing Hotel Management after 12th which stream should I choose after 10th?

There are various institutes in India offering Diploma and bachelor courses in Hotel management.The basic eligibility criteria is that the candidate 12th passed out or its equivalent exam.The candidate can be of any stream,but will have to be 10 + 2 passed from a recognized educational board of India.The course duration for the course of Bachelor of Hotel management is 3 years split into 6 semester's.

Hotel Management within itself contains many sub-fields like Catering, House Keeping and Front Office.Job opportunities in the field of management are pretty good.Hence,you can choose any of the stream which your interested in.

Hotel Management simply deals with the hospitality industry which includes hotels, restaurants,cinema halls,catering services.Hence a candidate who completes his Hotel Management can expect jobs in all the above sector's.
15th April 2011, 05:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Any stream you can choose in 12th it does not matter for doing hotel

management in college. Basic eligibility is to get passed in 12th std exam with

any stream. The duration of course is 3yrs of hotel management.
15th April 2011, 07:00 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, you can choose for pursuing Hotel Management after 12th, you can choose any stream courses.

as any stream student can apply for the Hotel Management courses.

all the best..........
15th April 2011, 07:33 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any stream according to your own interest.

Because the basic criteria for hotel management is a pass in 12th in any stream.

So choose any stream (arts, commerce or science) as per your interest.

The job opportunities are also good in this course.
15th April 2011, 11:19 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend, There are various institutes in India offering Diploma and bachelor courses in Hotel management.The basic eligibility criteria is that the candidate 12th passed out or its equivalent exam.The candidate can be of any stream,but will have to be 10 + 2 passed from a recognized educational board of India.The course duration for the course of Bachelor of Hotel management is 3 years split into 6 semester's.

Hotel Management within itself contains many sub-fields like Catering, House Keeping and Front Office.Job opportunities in the field of management are pretty good.Hence,you can choose any of the stream which your interested in.

Hotel Management simply deals with the hospitality industry which includes hotels, restaurants,cinema halls,catering services.Hence a candidate who completes his Hotel Management can expect jobs in all the above sector's.
all the best
16th April 2011, 12:45 PM

Hi,
Actually there is no particular stream to choose in 12th for hotel management. Any stream is acceptable....But would advice you to go for science side like biology.....Because there you can study a little about diet, calories etc which would be helpful in future when your studying hotel management degree

Best Wishes
16th April 2011, 03:24 PM
hari om yadav

dear,
there are many collages offering course in hotel management.
this is not compulsory that you should pass with science or biology or arts.
you should pass in any stream.
the duration of this course is 3 years .
this is best field to get something in life.
so choose a stream in which your interest is high and get your target. i am sure you can!
best of luck!
30th April 2011, 01:54 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahwish rashid View Post
i am a student of class 10th.for pursuing hotel management after 12th, which stream should i choose after 10th?
Particular stream is not required to be eligible..

As the basic eligibility criteria is that the candidate must be 12th passed out or its equivalent exam with any stream

duration:-
Hotel management bachelor degree -> 3 years (spitted into 6 semester's)

streams in hotel management :-

Front Office,
Catering
House Keeping .....
and many more..
30th April 2011, 08:04 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

There are various institutes in India offering Diploma and bachelor courses in Hotel management.

The basic eligibility criteria is that the

- candidate 12th passed out or its equivalent exam.

- candidate can be of any stream,but will have to be 10 + 2 passed from a recognized educational board of India.

The course duration for the course of Bachelor of Hotel management is 3 years split into 6 semester's.

Hotel Management simply deals with the hospitality industry which includes hotels, restaurants,cinema halls,catering services.

There is very good job opportunity for those candidate who successfully complete these courses.

All the Best...
19th May 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahwish rashid View Post
You can choose any stream but try to emphasize on ENGLISH language and communication skills. You can study Hotel Management from Abroad for eg SINGAPORE, NZ. These countries have paid internship programs so you have a fair chance to get placed in nice job while studying. To get more info write to [email protected]
19th July 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

can 12th student subject (home science) take a hotel management course after 12th?
19th July 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

i m class 12th student and i have opted home science can i apply for hotel management?
13th February 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to take hotelmanagement after 10th?
10th April 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

hay dear fren i a person who highly to do hotelment corse but i did not no which corse to do i good in cooking so i want to be sape but i did not no who i need to do so plese help me
4th September 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am in standard 10th this year. I want to pursue degree course in hotel management specializing as a CHEF. Please let me know which stream should I choose after 10th and what is the procedure further after 12th.
28th May 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

After 10 you can pursue 1 yr diploma in hotel management or 1 yr certificate program in fb service,fb production, housekeeping and ig you have completed 12th std you can pursue bachelors in hotel management or hospitality management. please log on to www.studyask.com for more detail
4th November 2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

i just wanted to know specifically what are the streams in hotel managment??
2nd February 2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Hi my nme is Nancy and i m in tenth i wanna to b in fild of hotel managment wht stream should i chz in 11th
28th December 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

hi i am nikita and i am in 10th i wanna to come in hotel management field which stream i should take in 11th plzz sugest
30th April 2016, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Which stream will be better to choose after class 10 to pursue a career in HM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?