19th May 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Qualification and procedure required to join LLB in IGNOU?

Dear Sir, I want to join LLB in IGNOU. But I want to know the qualification and procedure required for this.

PRASANTA KUMAR MANDHATA PATNAIK
BERHAMPUR, ODISHA.

19th May 2016, 04:16 PM
harsha@123

Default Re: Qualification and procedure required to join LLB in IGNOU?

They offer a different law course. But the problem with this course is that Bar Council of India do not recognize it. Which is why it makes no sense to pursue the correspondence law course.

Since Bar Council of India do not recognize the course, you can not practice as lawyer in India. The local bar council will not allow you to register. Even jobs related to law courses are difficult to find.

Considering these factors, the only recommendation I will give you is to apply for the course through regular mode only. LLB completed through regular mode will make you lawyer and there will be no issue practicing in the court as lawyer.

For which you will have to forget about IGNOU and consider some other university. Delhi University for one still offers the 3 years LLB course. There are other universities in India that too offer law courses.
19th May 2016, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I would be extremely grateful to you if you could confirm that my MEO Chief Engineer Class 1 Certificate of Competency issued to me by The Govt of India, along with my experience, is equivalent to a Graduation Degree and that I am eligible to study Bachelor of Law from your prestigious University.
With this degree, will I be eligible for Supreme Court Bar exam?

In his annual address the President of Institute of Marine Engineers Mr. C V Subba Rao stated the following:
I have since written to Registrars of Indian Maritime University (IMU) and University of Mumbai seeking a certificate as equivalent to graduation, to enable such fine engineers pursue higher education or alternative job profiles. Needless to add, IMU today recognizes the MEO Class 1 (Chief Engineer) as equal to M.Tech in Marine Engineering for the purpose of pursuing a Ph.D in IMU, as also IMarEST (Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology), London confers Chartered Engineer status on MEO Class 1 Certificate of Competency holders

19th May 2016, 08:16 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

I am very confident to say that none of IGNOU college have no approval for the LLB courses. Because Bar council certificate is mandatory for every college who have LLB course. So if you are doing LLB course from IGNOu then you will not be allowed to do practice in any court of India.

But IGNOU have LLB course and the course name of LLB course provided by IGNOU is named as Diploma In LAW, Graduate if LAW & Post Graduate Certificate in Law and the eligibility criteria to join this course has been mentioned as below :

1- Minimum 45% is required in Graduation for the Graduate in LLB couse.
2- There is no age restriction for all category of people.
3- Admission are done on the first come and first serve basis.

We have mentioned all the truth about the LLB course of IGNOU, and if you are interested to go for LLB course then you can follow the above steps to get admission in IGNOU. Ask more and more questions for any kind of other information.
19th May 2016, 09:30 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

In IGNOU , You should have bachelor's degree in B.A./B.com/B.Sc to pursue LLB course. You are also required to qualify the entrance exam for LLB admission. Entrance Exam covers syllabus Reasoning , Maths , English , General Knowledge etc.

IGNOU Admission Procedure
- Visit the site : www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in
- Click button "Register Yourself" & Register online.
- Upload the required scan documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Click "Submit" to submit your application.

Job Types In LLB
- Advocate
- Notary
- Legal Expert
- Legal Advisor
- Megistrate
- Solicitor
- Law Reporter
- Attorney General
- Public Prosecutor
19th May 2016, 11:29 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Qualification and procedure required to join LLB in IGNOU?

Hello,

IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) doesn't provide the LLB course. Instead it provides other programs/course in Law like -

1)Doctoral Degree - Doctor of Philosophy in Law (PhD in Law)

2)Post-Graduate(PG) and Advance Diploma programs -
i)Post-Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)
ii)Post Graduate Diploma in Criminal Justice (PGDCJ)
iii)PG and Advance Certificate
iv)Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL)
v)Post-Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice (PGCPP)

3)Diploma programs - Diploma in Paralegal Practice (DIPP)

4)Certifications courses -
i)Certificate in Human Rights (CHR)
ii)Certificate in Consumer Protection (CCP)
iii)Certificate in International Humanitarian Law (CIHL)
iv)Certificate in Anti Human Trafficking (CAHT)
v)Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law (CCLBL)

But you can do the LLB from other colleges/universities like -

1)National Law School of India University - Banglore
2)Rajiv Gandhi School Of Intellectual Property Law , IIT Kharagpur - Kharagpur
3)Delhi University - Delhi
4)National Law University, Jodhpur - Jodhpur
5)West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences - Kolkata

Now many colleges/universities take the candidate for admission into LLB on the basis of entrance exams like - CLAT - Common Law Admission Test

Of the good college from where you can do the LLB is Delhi University. It takes it own entrance exams whose last date to fill the form for 2016 is 24th May 2016. You may hurry if you want to join.

The eligibility for the same is - Candidate should have done the Bachelor's degree/Graduation from any recognized college/university and should have secured minimum of 50% marks in the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DU-LLB-2016-Press-Release_0.pdf(424.1 KB, 36 views)
20th May 2016, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,iam studying m pharmacy 2nd year in pharmaceutical management and drug regulatory affairs (PMRA) i need know type of job can i get ofter complet of my m pharmacy plz....guid me sir
2nd July 2019, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i be eligible for LLB degree from IGNOU ? I have 42 % percentage in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?