29th September 2011, 05:03 PM
gagan0412

In which quota I will be considered while applying for MH CET? I am US born and have US passport and PIO card and I have done my 10th and 12th from Maharashtra. My parents are Indian citizens

I am US born and have US passport and PIO card. But since the beginning of my life (since 3 months age) I have been living in Maharashtra. My parents are Indian citizens. I have done 10th and 12th from Maharashtra.

My question is in which quota I will be considered while applying for MH CET. Will I be considered in general quota (which I want) and pay regular fee or will I be considered under FN/PIO quota, in which case I will have to pay for 4+ times the fee. As me and my parents (of Punjab Origin but living in Maharashtra for 17 years) live in Maharashtra, to shell out FN/PIO fee will be very difficult.

Please advise.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear for MHTCET? I am maharashtra born but my parents are not
  2. What should I do to get a domicile certificate of Maharashtra?
  3. Requirements for domicile of Maharashtra?
  4. What will be my status for applying in Engineering Course after passing 12th and CET exam?
  5. Difference between Maharashtra CET and ASSO CET? Is MHT CET for engineering and Asso cet for Medical?
  6. Am I eligible to write Maharashtra CET? I was born in Maharashtra but studied outside Maharashtra up to 12th standard
  7. Can I get domicile certificate to appear for MHT CET? I have passing my 10th and 12th standard from outside Maharashtra
  8. Will I come under NRI category for admission in engineering colleges? I am a student of Indian school in saudi arabia and want to do my 10th and 12th from navi mumbai. May I get domicile of mumbai, My parents and me both were born in Mumbai?
  9. How may I get admission in engineering in Maharashtra? I've completed 10th and 12th from Singrauli Madhya Pradesh
  10. Eligibility criteria to give MHT CET for students whose parents have Maharashtra Domicile but born and studied in Gujarat? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What's the procedure for getting domicile certificate of Delhi? I was born in Delhi and studied till 8th std at Delhi and then proceeded to UAE and completed my 12th in UAE. My both parents belong to Delhi
  12. PIO card holder can appear in CET medical and engineering entrance exams 2016?
  13. List of documents required to submit the domicile certificate of Madhya Pradesh? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. My daughter was born in Maharashtra but studied outside Maharashtra,can she give MHT CET?
  15. Will I get Maharashtra domicile if I have done my schooling from outside Maharashtra?
  16. What are the documents required to take admission through MHT CET?
  17. Is there any problem to attend MHT CET? I was born and studied upto 10th in Maharashtra state
  18. MCET eligibility after primary education in AP and high school in Maharashtra? -- [New]
8th November 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: In which quota I will be considered while applying for MH CET? I am US born and have US passport and PIO card and I have done my 10th and 12th from Maharashtra. My parents are Indian citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagan0412 View Post
I am US born and have US passport and PIO card. But since the beginning of my life (since 3 months age) I have been living in Maharashtra. My parents are Indian citizens. I have done 10th and 12th from Maharashtra.

My question is in which quota I will be considered while applying for MH CET. Will I be considered in general quota (which I want) and pay regular fee or will I be considered under FN/PIO quota, in which case I will have to pay for 4+ times the fee. As me and my parents (of Punjab Origin but living in Maharashtra for 17 years) live in Maharashtra, to shell out FN/PIO fee will be very difficult.

Please advise.
I have the same question for my daughter. If you have any information on this pls email me at [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?