17th August 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Required Qualification to appear for SET Exam in Sociology?

which all courses are necessary for writing set in sociology (eg:MSW,GRADUATION ,PG etc)?

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum percentage required in M.A.(Sociology) for Ph.D program?
  2. Percentage required for Ph.D in sociology after completing graduation in sociology as a non collegiate?
  3. Previous years papers of SET in sociology
  4. What is the qualification/eligibility criteria required to apply for SET exam? -- [New]
  5. Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?
  6. Madurai Kamaraj University MA in Sociology-Industrial Relations and Labour Welfare (Paper-VI) Exam – Download Previous Yaer’s Question Papers
  7. Am I eligible for SET exam after doing M.A in Sociology from IGNOU?
  8. Minimum percentage required to take up Sociology honours in Presidency College?
  9. Is there any existing vacancy for jobs as lecturer in sociology? I have UGC/NET qualification
  10. Model question papers of sociology for Kerala SET exam? What is the syllabus?
  11. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University- FGP-02 India of My Dreams Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  12. Minimum percentage required in M.A. Sociology to apply for Ph.D program? Can a Hindi medium candidate apply for Ph.D program?
  13. Can I appear for WBSC exam after doing B.A Sociology Honors? How should I prepare for it and what are the requirements?
  14. Qualifications required for SET NET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Minimum percentage required in B.A. for PSC exam?
  16. Documents required for M.A Sociology FY in IGNOU?
  17. What i NET SET exam? What is the qualification needed?
  18. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
18th August 2012, 02:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification to appear for SET Exam in Sociology?

Well the requirements for SET exams are the same as the National Eligibility Test (NET) exam which is conducted by University Grants Commission. There is no difference in the required eligibility.

The only difference between NET and SET is that while passing NET would make you eligible for lecturer job in central government colleges, the SET exam which is conducted separately by each state would make you eligible for lecturer job in particular state.

Since you are not aware of the eligibility criteria, I am writing them down below for you.

1. You must be Indian National.

2. The minimum educational requirement is post graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

3. You also require to score 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

4. However if you belong to SC/ST then you need 50 percent marks.

5. You can apply for SET exam while in the final year of post graduation course.

6. But you are required to submit the degree within 2 years of passing the SET exam else you would be disqualified.

7. If you want to appear in SET exam for Sociology then you need to complete post graduation course in the same subject.

8. There is no age limit for lecturer job.
18th August 2012, 04:07 PM
AZIM SHEIKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which all courses are necessary for writing set in sociology (eg:MSW,GRADUATION ,PG etc)?
SET Eligibility Criteria:-

(a) The candidates should have a citizenship of india.

(b) The candidates mush a having a post graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university

(c) The candidates mush be having 55 % marks in their post graduation.{ relaxation of 5 % marks are given for sc/st students}

You wanted it for Sociology then you should have a post graduation degree in Sociology.

Hope it helps!
15th December 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

CA is eligible for SET EXAM?
17th January 2014, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

sir, can I appear for NET Exam in Sociology? after completing Post graduation Social work?
26th April 2023, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

MA Sociology is eligible for applying SET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?