15th July 2011, 07:26 PM
DATTA SOUMYA

Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?

I have completed my post graduation in sociology from calcutta university securing 54.2% marks. Can i appear in net-set exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in M.Phil in Zoology after completing MSc in Zoology from Calcutta University
  2. Procedure to get admission in Calcutta University to study Ph.D for a candidate who has completed B.Com from Bardwan University 10 year ago?
  3. Am I eligible for MSc in geo informatics after completing graduation from Calcutta University
  4. Detailed procedure and eligibility to study LLM after completing B.Com from Calcutta University?
  5. Am I eligible for SET exam in Commerce Subject after passing graduation with Zoology Hons. from Calcutta?
  6. Required Qualification to appear for SET Exam in Sociology?
  7. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  8. How to make a Lecturership career in Sociology field?
  9. Can I give NET/SET-Economics after 3rd semester or only after completing MBA?
  10. Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University M.Sc in Medical Sociology-Principles of Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Kuvempu University B.A Sociology 1st Year Paper-I General Sociology exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes? -- [New]
  14. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Social Sciences Sociology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Completed M.Com and want to apply for NET/SET exam : Eligibility Criteria for NET/SET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible for NET Sociology/Education after completing UG Physiotherapy and PG in MSc in medical sociology?
  17. How to join Narcotics department after completing M.A from Calcutta University
  18. Nalanda Open University MA in Sociology-Part I-Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
16th July 2011, 02:55 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATTA SOUMYA View Post
I have completed my post graduation in sociology from calcutta university securing 54.2% marks. Can i appear in net-set exam?
UGC Conducts the NET Examination Every year 2 Times and To apply for This examination You have to completed your Post Graduation with minimum 55% marks. But you have scored less than 55% Marks, So Sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NET Examination.

For NET Examination Minimum 55% Marks is Compulsory, Those who have scored 55% Marks in Master degree course in any discipline from a recognised university, then they are eligible for NET Examination. The NET Examination was conducted 2 times in a year, Firstly In June and Next in December.

Eligible Candidates may apply for NET Examination Online By visit the UGC Website. The June Examination are already Completed So Eligible candidates may apply for December NET Examination, But please wait for the Notification.

But You are Not eligible for NET/SET Examination.

And for more information please visit the UGC Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
16th July 2011, 04:06 PM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: Can I appear for NET-SET exam after completing PG in Sociology from Calcutta University?

Let's take a quick look on the eligibility criteria of NET/SET
-> Minimum criteria is 55% marks in master's degree for general and OBC candidates
-> For SC/ST/PD candidates masters degree with at least 50% marks
-> If anyone has got 54.4% or 49.8%, he is NOT eligible for NET/SET.
There is no provision of rounding of marks to make it 55% or 50%
As I can see from your surname, you don't belong to SC/ST category, no way you can sit for NET/SET.
16th July 2011, 04:35 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

UGC conducts NET twice a year, in the months of June and December. The notifications publishe in march and october in Employment News.
Candidates who interested in net exam, They should completed postgraduate
with 55% in any subject from recognised university.
Agelimit of candidates should be for JRF - 28 and for lecturership - no upper
age limit . relaxation for SC/ST/OBC.

If you are belong to non general category then you are eligibile and you can apply for this.

For more detail : Click Here
16th March 2013, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

i m in 6th semester in MCA and that complet after 3 month. can i apper in net set exam?
22nd September 2013, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

I passed MA in kannada scored 54.4 . I am OBC cadidate. Can elgable
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?