21st February 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Requirements for becoming professor in any engineering college in India?

what are the complete requirements for becoming professor in any engg colleges in india?

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements for becoming a professor in any Engineering College? Do we have to answer any entrance exam?
  2. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  3. What should I do to become a Professor after completion of B.Com?
  4. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  5. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college
  6. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am i eligible to teach assistant professor in engineering college?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting assistant professor job in CS in any engineering college?
  9. Am I eligible to work as an Assistant Professor in Engineering college after completing M.E in Software Engineering?
  10. List of colleges in Pune after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication with 69%?
  11. Which colleges can I get in Pune university after scoring 23366 MHT CET state rank?
  12. Eligibility to teach in Engineering college as humanities professor?
  13. Minimum qualification required for Assistant Professor in engineering college as per AICTE?
  14. How to become a professor in a government polytechnic in biotechnology department? -- [New]
  15. Can I become an Assistant Professor in any college if studying M.Tech in Optoelectronics? What are the opportunities in India?
  16. Eligibility for law professor in India
  17. Can I apply for Assistant Professor post in engineering colleges after M.Sc. and M.E. in computer science?
  18. Requirements for admission in Aeronautical Engineering colleges in India?
22nd February 2011, 04:27 AM
nitingoplani88

Default Re: Requirements for becoming professor in any engineering college in India?

STEPS TO BECOME A PROFESSOR:--
1-Complete your compulsory education
2-Get a bachelor's degree
3-Apply for Ph.D. programs
4-Do postdoctoral research
5-apply

Professor
Pay Scale: Rs.37400-67000; GP-10000
Qualification:-
1-An eminent scholar with Ph.D qualification
2-A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college

Associate Professor
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100; GP-8000
Qualification:
Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree
A Masters’ Degree with at least 55 per cent marks
A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research

Assistant Professor
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100; GP-6000
Qualification:
1. Good Academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55 per cent marks at the Master Degree
2-The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
12th May 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Requirements for becoming professor in any engineering college in India?

i have completed my master of engineering with 5 years industry experience , wheather iam eligible for assistant professor
8th October 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

are upsc exam is compalsary to become professor in any goverment engineering college?
9th October 2011, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

what are the steps to become a physics professor in India ?
9th October 2011, 12:19 PM
rakeshguha15

A Masters degree is the basic requirement to be an assistant professor and it is advisable to start from there and get into a job and pursue higher studies later as it will help gathering experience.
13th January 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my m phil english in the current year i like to go as government professor for that what exam should i write and any extra qualification needed to write government exam and when the exam will conducted in this year 2012
13th January 2012, 11:17 PM
vidya muruganantham

i m doing my m phil english l like to work under government professor for that what exam i should write to be government professor .what are the eligibilites and when the government exam conducted in 2021
20th March 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi

I have done B-tech(computer Sc.).i wanna go in lecturership.
will i get same status as regular m-tech if i'll gain experience in lecturership with m-tech correspondance??
21st March 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

i have done by B.E computer science 2011. i have 6 months of experience in teaching in NIIT. can i apply for faculty post in engineering college
28th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my master of engineering with 5 years industry experience , wheather iam eligible for assistant professor
ye stry to new opening coleges u will definitely get job
28th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes try to new opening coleges u will definitely get job
5th May 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

how to become a professor in physics?
24th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i ve completed B.E n nw direct after B.E,i m applying 2 pursue ph.d .can i apply 4 assistant or associate professor even after skipping mtech or m.e
15th August 2012, 11:41 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
what are the complete requirements for becoming professor in any engg colleges in india?
Engineering college are two types one is govt and another is Private.

If you want to know about govt college you must have NET score other wise if you have PHD degree then you are applicable for Lecturer in Govt college.

If you want go for private engineering college lecturer then the minimum educational Qualification is needed M-TECH degree.B-TECH degree holder can apply for lad assistant.

If you have masters degree then you can apply both colleges in part time or contractual post.
8th December 2012, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

for net exam which qualification required? cam b.tech student apply for net?
18th February 2013, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

I had completed b tech in computer science.can I become a maths professor?
21st February 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know the age limit of Professor in Degree Engg. College
7th March 2013, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

what is the basic qualification to join as assistant professor in a government engineering colleges ??
let me know the full details about it ? can some one post details?
31st May 2013, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

I am a non gate mtech in computer science. what i have to do to join any engineering college as a assistant professor?
11th August 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I had BTech and having 4 years of experience in reputed IT company and I want to switch my career to lecturer in private engineering college . could u plz help me in knowng the salary scale of lecturer in private engineering college?
31st March 2014, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to teach control and signal system which branch i have to take in mtech to enhance my knowledge.
26th June 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am 37 years old and with following qualification-

BSc(Physics-Chemistry-Maths)
MSc(Physics)
GATE qualified(Physics)
MTech(Materials Science)-IITKanpur
PhD(Materials Science)-IITKanpur

Am I suitable for any job in india?
Please help me.
Regards,
Amit
12th December 2020, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed M.sc in physics 2018. This year 2020 I have qualified GATE examination..am I elligibile to join as a assistant professor in physics at any engineering college??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?