26th June 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a Professor after completion of B.Com?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am doing 12th with Commerce stream. After my 12th I will surely do B.Com. I want to become a Professor. What I should do to after B.Com to become a Professor of Commerce field?

27th June 2016, 07:26 AM
onemdindus

Default Re: What should I do to become a Professor after completion of B.Com?

To become a Professor after completion of B.Com:-

>>You must complete M.Com (Master in Commerce ) after B.Com with atleast 55% aggregate marks from any recognized institution or college. The duration of the course is 2 years.

>>You must appear for SET or UGC NET examination. Based on the score, you will be called for interview at top colleges in India for the post of Professor. this entrance examination is conducted twice in a year.

Top Commerce Colleges in India for M.com course

Loyola College
St. Xavier's College
Hans Raj College
Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce
St. Joseph's College of Commerce
Christian College
Lady Shriram College for Women (LSR)
Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce
Sri Ram College of Commerce(SRCC)
27th June 2016, 08:35 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You should first have Post graduation degree in Commerce to become a Professor after completion of B.Com. And, then you'll have to appear for UGC-NET exams for lecturership or SLET. The (State level Eligibility Test) SLET is for appointments within the state.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . It is an entrance examination conducted by UGC (university grant commission) at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university.

Eligibility criteria for NET are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed Post graduation degree in related field with minimum 55% of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-There is no upper age limit to apply for the NET exam .

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
27th June 2016, 06:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I am doing 12th with Commerce stream. After my 12th I will surely do B.Com. I want to become a Professor. What I should do to after B.Com to become a Professor of Commerce field?
To become an assistant professor, you should complete below given qualification.

1.B.Com

2.M.Com

3.Ph.D course/ UGC NET/ SET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?