5th September 2015, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Scope for Electrical Engineer in Indian Army?

Most respected sir.
I want to be an Indian army, but now I am doing b teach as electrical engg. So plz sir tell me that what I do to acchive my goal .

5th September 2015, 05:55 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Scope for Electrical Engineer in Indian Army?

# Being graduate, you have the option to join Indian Army as officer rank through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination conducted by UPSC two times in a year.

# With present educational qualification, you are eligible for joining following academies of defence force mentioned below:

* Indian Military Academy (IMA) through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
* Officer Training Academy (OTA) through Combined Defence Service Examination

# Willing candidates should have bachelor degree with passing marks. There is no any required of any particular bachelor degree or particular subjects. Any bachelor degree with any discipline or any subjects are eligible for appearing for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# In short, only the thing required that candidate must have graduation degree irrespective to nature/subjects of bachelor degree. Candidate in final year of graduation can also apply.

# Age limit prescribed for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA).
* 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA).

# Other eligibility conditions which are needed by candidates are:

* Must be citizen of India or subject of Nepal.
* Must not be married.
* Must be male candidate except for Officer Training Academy (OTA).
* Must not have anti-social or anti-national activity or record.
* Must have good physique and health.
* Must not have any serious or critical disease.
* Must have vision of 6/6 (for good eye) and 6/9 (for bad eye).
* Must not have any bodily defect or abnormality.

# Scheme or pattern of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Written Test (Objective Type)
* SSB Interview
* Physical & Medical Test
* Document and Antecedent Verification

# Scheme or pattern of Written Objective Type Test:

* General English
* Quantitative Aptitude
* Reasoning Ability
* General Studies
* Current Affairs
* Computer Knowledge

# For more information and latest update/notification, please keep yourself in touch with followings:

* Official website of UPSC i.e. http://upsc.gov.in
* Employment News (weekly newspaper)
* Rozgar Samachar (weekly newspaper)
* Any local or national level newspaper

# Books for the preparation of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination are:

* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
6th September 2015, 01:34 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become the teacher in the Bihar state government schools you have to qualify in the STET examination.STET stands for the State Teacher Eligibility Test and the examination for it is conducted by the state government.

The candidates after qualifying in the examination are eligible for the recruitment in the different schools on the basis of the performance in the examination and on the academic certificate qualification.

So to get the information in the detail about the examination schedule and other information visit the state education board official website.
6th September 2015, 12:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is good opportunities for the Electrical Engineer in Indian Army through various entrance exams and entries. At the bachelor's degree degree, one of the most sought entrance exam by engineers is Combined Defense Services exam.

Combined defense services exam is conducted twice every year by the UPSC. Candidate who has done bachelor's degree from a recognized university can apply for the exam. For Indian Air Force and Naval academy, you must have done bachelor's degree in science or engineering.

As you are electrical engineer, you are eligible for all academies like IMA, INA, AFA and OTA. The age limit for Military academy is 19-24 years, for INA is 19-22 years and for Officer's Training academy is 19-25 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates
can apply for this exam.

Entrance test consists of written test and Service Selection board. You can apply for this exam at www.upsconline.nic.in and get the latest updates at www.upsc.gov.in.

Other than CDS, you can also apply for the Technical Graduate Cadre for joining Indian Army where only SSB is conducted. You can visit the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for any further details about TGC.
6th September 2015, 02:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Bachelor of Technology degree pursuer you are eligible for joining Indian Army and for the same you need to clear the CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it has four wings which are as Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air force Academy ( IAF ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) & Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

For joining any of these wing one needs to clear the CDS examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year called as CDS I & CDS II. Also the examination is held in two stages which are known as Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For appearing in the same examination you need to have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

* You must hold a bachelor's degree course with any stream of your interest from a recognized university. But for NA and AFA your main subject in your bachelor's degree must be Physics or Mathematics or Engineering course.

* Your age must be above 19 years for all the wings. But it must not exceed 22 years for NA, 23 years for AFA, 24 years for IMA and 25 years for OTA.

For further details regarding the syllabus, question pattern and notification about the same examination you can visit to official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?