16th August 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Scope of Elecetrotechnology in Indian Army?

Hi , am studying Electrotechnology in New Zealand, but after completing my course i want to come back in India and want to serve my country, is there any scope of Electrotechnology in indian army? and if yes then at which i can work over there? my d.o.b is june2,1994, i have science subjects now like maths and physics. Thanks

29th August 2014, 09:37 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of Elecetrotechnology in Indian Army?

INDIAN ARMY SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (TECH) ENTRY

As an engineering graduate one can join Indian Army through Short Service Commission
(Technical) Entry Scheme.

Indian Army generally take Engineering graduates of following streams (or Equivalent
engineering Streams).

Civil Engg
Mechanical Engg
Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engg
Automobile /Workshop Technology
Aeronautical/Aviation/ Aerospace/Ballistics/Avionics
Computer Science Engg, Computer Tech /InfoTech/ M.Sc(Computer Sc)
Electronics & Telecommunication/Telecommunication/Electronics & Communication Engg/Satellite Communication
Electronics /Opto Electronics/Power Electronics/ Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave
Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation
Architecture/ Building Construction Engg
Food Tech/BioTech/ Bio Medical Engg
Chemical Engg
Metallurgy & Explosives/ Metallurgy Engg
Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/ Production

As far as ELectrotechnology is concerned it is not available in the list but this course also is
basically a modified form of Electrical Engg with more attention towards practical industrial
application.

For those who do not have their engineering course listed above but their course
equivalent to one of the course above, can apply for the exam. For this you will have to
obtain an equivalence certificate of the university for the purpose. Your certificate shall be
examined at the time of recruitment for acceptance.

The age limitation is 20 to 27 years on first day of the month in which course is due to
commence. So you eligible as per age criteria.

The advertisement for this exam is generally published in Dec/Jan and Jun/Jul months in Employment News and leading national dailies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?