3rd September 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Should I continue with Biology in 12th if I want to do engineering in future? Books to be referred for Maths?

I am in 12th std. I want to do engineering. and I am confused if i should continue with biology or not...........and i also want to know which books should i refer for maths?

4th September 2011, 04:33 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Should I continue with Biology in 12th if I want to do engineering in future? Books to be referred for Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th std. I want to do engineering. and I am confused if i should continue with biology or not...........and i also want to know which books should i refer for maths?
Information Regarding Engineering Course.

If you are interested in the engineering field then you need to take physics, chemistry and mathematics as the main subject in the 12th class. Don't take biology (PCB) stream in the 12th class if your aim is engineering. So, if you have presently biology stream then please change the stream. Do hard work and get a good marks in the 12th board examination.

There are many engineering entrance examination is conducted by the college/University for the admission in the engineering course. The some famous engineering entrance examination is IIT JEE, AIEEE, WBJEE, ORJEE, VITEEE, KIITEE....and many other. You can appear in the entrance examination in the appearing of 12th board examination or after passing the 12th exam.

IIT JEE and AIEEE is the most famous engineering entrance examination of India. Every year a large number of candidates appear in this examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard. If you want to crack the IIT JEE examination then do hard work.

If you want to know about the some good mathematics book which is helpful in the examination then here i give you the name of some good books for mathematics.

IIT JEE mathematics book.
By : M.L Khana.

Function & Calculus for IIT JEE.
By : Vikash Rahi.

These are the some good book of mathematics which is helpful in the preparation of the examination. You can buy this book from the nearest book stall of your city. Do, preparation well for the examination and crack the exam. I wish you will get success in the examination.

Regards
~Mukul~
4th September 2011, 06:49 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I continue with Biology in 12th if I want to do engineering in future? Books to be referred for Maths?

hi dear
If you are interested for engineering then you have to take pcm- physics , chemistry,& mathematics.as you are interested for engineering you have to work hard for your +2 as well as in entrance exam like-
IIT, AIEEE, JEE, etc....
the maths books you can prefer like.....

for more you can visit nearer book shops there you can get books.
good luck.......
4th September 2011, 07:31 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Should I continue with Biology in 12th if I want to do engineering in future? Books to be referred for Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well..it is a general opinion that biology and maths don't go together..but even if you have taken biology with Maths..it is not a problem..as long as you are able to manage both the things at the same time..
having Biology still keeps the field of MBBS and other biology related fields open for you..like
MBBS
Biotechnology
Genetic Engineering
Microbiology
and many many such other streams are still at your hand just in case if anything goes wrong then at least you can rely on these things as a back-up..

Requirement of Books for Maths :-
i would suggest you to first be completely thorough and do all the questions of your course book..then if you want to go for higher practice then use M.L.Khanna..this is the name of the author of the book..you will find it in every leading book depot near you..this book is considered to be the best book for cracking IIT-JEE and AIEEE..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz90"
4th September 2011, 09:07 AM
Tulasinagababu

No it is incorrect decision to do engineering by continuing Biology in 12th,,
it may effect your future also
so please correct decision

Books to be referred for Maths?
* Calculus on Manifolds (book)
* Carus Mathematical Monographs
* Categories for the Working Mathematician
* The Classical Groups
* Cocker's Arithmetick
* Cocker's Decimal Arithmetick
* Concepts of Modern Mathematics
* Concrete Mathematics
* The Construction and Principal Uses of Mathematical Instruments
* Counterexamples in Topology
* A Course of Pure Mathematics

D
4th September 2011, 11:42 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

No there is no need to pursue biology in class 12 if you selected engineering as your career

but biology is needed in some engineering stream

they are

biotech engineering

biochemical engineering

agri engineering

so decide which stream you are going

the best book of maths are

H.C Verma books
Arihant publications
Pradeep Books
MTG
Dinesh books
4th September 2011, 12:55 PM
manoj rajpurohit

It you want to go in the technical field like engineering then you should take physics, chemistry and maths (PCM) in your sen. secondary, because there is no any subjected related to the biology.

so you should take math in place of biology.
if you want to enter in the engineering field then you you must fight the entrance examination. The main exam are:-
IIT
AIEEE
VITEEE
PET.
etc.
these IIT and AIEEE are the most popular entrance examination.
You can refer these following books:-
THE CLASSICAL GROUPS
THE CONSTRUCTION AND PRINCIPAL USES OF MATHEMATICAL INSTRUMENTS
CALCULATION ON MANIFOLDS.
best of luck.
4th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
If you want to take biology in 12th then you can go for it.. But you must have physics, maths, chemistry as your main subject in 12th, to apply for engineering..

You can take biology as your additional subject..
It will not create any problem..
But according to me , you should go for Computer science as your additional subject instead of biology..
Because , in engineering course you don't need any knowledge of biology.. But there is a need of computer science knowledge..
So, it will be better for you to opt. for computer science.
All the best..
4th September 2011, 03:30 PM
sanju38121

As per my advice you have to change your biology to mathematics in class +2. For engineering entrance exam like AIEEE , IIT-JEE. You should be sound in mathematics. For preparation of math for entrance exam just refer the books of NCERT.

For more info go to
www.upsc.gov.in

gud luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?