21st January 2012, 09:49 PM
vteotia262

Should I do M.Tech or MBA after completing my B.Tech?

i m a b.tech 3rd year student .i m confused what to do ,,,mba , m.tech ,plz help me .

22nd January 2012, 10:30 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do M.Tech or MBA after completing my B.Tech?

Both the courses of M.Tech and MBA are having good career scope and can provide good number of job oppotunties for the candidates. So, I suggest you to choose the one which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

If you have profound interst to carry out your Post Graduation in technical related streams, then opt for M.Tech course.

In order to join M.Tech course, you have to crack GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exam being conducted once in a year.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of B.Tech course are eligible to take up this Exam.

For GATE Exam, most of the syllabus is from B.Tech course only. So, have good preparation of your Academics along with the practicing of various model question papers and previous year question papers of GATE Exam.

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have taken GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score which ever is better in order to get admission for M.Tech course after completion of your B.Tech course.

In contrast to this, if you have interest to pursue your Post Graduation in Management related streams, then better to opt for MBA course.

The admission to this course will also be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exams like
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT
-SNAP etc.

There will be number of specializations that are being available under MBA course. I suggest you to opt for any of the following specializations as you are being a B.Tech candidate,

Here they are
-MBA in Operations Management
-MBA in Systems Management
-MBA in Information Technology
-MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
-MBA in Human Resource Management

Wish you all the best.
22nd January 2012, 11:24 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Both M.Tech or MBA are very good courses you can choose any one between these two coursess.

If you are intrested in Technical education then you have to choose M.Tech. M.Tech is very good course for those student which are intrested in Technical education.

GATE is best exam for admission in M.Tech college .By scoring good marks in GATE exam you can get chance of M.Tech from IIT college.

If you are intrested in Business then you can choose MBA.CAT is best exam for MBA.by scoring good marks in CAT exam you can get chance of MBA from IIms college.IIMs colleges are best colleges for MBA.
22nd January 2012, 01:57 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of B.tech course you can go for any of these course..

Both the courses are job prospective..

You can get huge job opportunity after completion of any of theses course.

M.tech- If you have interest in technical field and you want to get specialize in your field then M.tech is the wright option.

MBA- If you have interest in management field then MBA is a good course..
After completion of which you can get lots of job opportunity with better salary and better designation.

So, now it is up to you..

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 05:27 PM
rvidyasagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteotia262 View Post
i m a b.tech 3rd year student .i m confused what to do ,,,mba , m.tech ,plz help me .
From your question, I presume that you are not inclined to take up any job immediately on completion of B. Tech.

M. Tech. gives you Post Graduate qualification in your present discipline with a further focus on a narrower subject. You get a stipend during the course. You have to have a valid GATE score for pursuing M. Tech. If you have inclination to take up teaching or research, you should certainly go for M. Tech. Getting into faculty positions after completing M. Tech. is not difficult. As a faculty member, apart from giving lectures, you may also be associated with guiding students in projects, giving industrial consultancy, arranging/participating in symposium/conferences, publishing articles in journals, etc. You may also pursue Ph. D. simultaneously.

MBA develops your skill in Management Techniques. You have to take up the MAT test and get a good score. There are quite a few branches of Mgt, which have an engg orientation like Production Management, Project Management, Energy Management, Safety Management, etc. The salary is certainly good. But, my suggestion to you would be that if at all you want to pursue MBA, you should first gather some practical field experience for at least two years. This makes your MBA subjects easy to understand and appreciate.
22nd January 2012, 05:32 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You can do both...but after B.tech , I will advise you to do M.Tech.

Both MBA and M.tech are 2 years post graduation course.

But MBA is a management course and M.Tech is a technical course...
Since you are from b.tech, so it will be helpful for you to do M.tech.

But if you are interested in management like business,corporation etc, then you can choose MBA.

The job perspectives are same in both the courses...so you can choose anyone among the two depending upon your interest....

If you are from a good college where the placement is good, then you can get jobs immediately after your B.tech....

Otherwise you can do Masters (like M.tech or MBA) to get a high profile job in big companies.

Best wishes....
22nd January 2012, 06:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Whether you join M.Tech. or MBA purely depends upon your interest and affinity towards these careers. Both M.Tech. and MBA are very strong subject in order to make one's career more strong and secured an both are totally opposite to one another.

If you are interested in technical line then you should opt for M.Tech. which you can do through appearing GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and can admission to the IITs.

Otherwise having interest in business and management line you can opt for MBA through appearing for the entrance exam like:-

CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT etc.

By cracking CAT(Common Admission Test) you can get admission to the top business school under IIMs.
23rd January 2012, 11:23 AM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Should I do M.Tech or MBA after completing my B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteotia262 View Post
You should do the M.Tech after you completing B.Tech degree .Because you get in debth of knowledge for your field
30th May 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mba after my m.tec? Is there is scope for this? What can be the starting salary for this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?