26th May 2011, 03:18 AM
manan2011

Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored less in AIEEE and IIT JEE?

i have prepared for iit-jee and aieee for an year
in chandigarh (privatetutors) .my jee is not cleared and i have calculated my aieee marks as 75 so what should i prefer a 1 year drop or admission to college......

Related Questions:
  1. Information about B.Tech course?
  2. Will I get admission in NIT or IIT if scored 147 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 135 marks in JEE Advance?
  3. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  4. What should I prefer either write IIT JEE/AIEEE with my 12th or drop for 1 am an average student, having 66% marks in 12th. Currently I am studying in 12th
  5. Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?
  6. If I passed GATE in PRE FINAL year than what to do
  7. Am I eligible for writing IIT JEE exam after completion of 12th with PCM? -- [New]
  8. Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE Mains instead of taking admission in college?
  9. Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Instead of taking admission, should I drop a year for preparation if not qualified in JEE Advance?
  11. In which college can I get admission if scored 181 in JEE Main?
  12. Is it good to write JEE entrance after Diploma? Should i go for AIEEE instead?
  13. AIEEE/IIT exam eligibility and suggestion regarding two year gap
  14. Should I take a drop year after 12th or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  16. What is the new pattern of IIT and AIEEE? Am I eligible for IIT JEE or AIEEE after scoring 55%?
  17. After 12th if I dont get IIT college should I drop or take admission in average college?
  18. Which engineering college is better for me after scoring Odisha JEE rank of 15011? Should I prepare for IIT JEE, AIEEE entrance exam for 1 year or should I go for any private college?
26th May 2011, 06:22 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored less in AIEEE and IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manan2011 View Post
in chandigarh (privatetutors) .my jee is not cleared and i have calculated my aieee marks as 75 so what should i prefer a 1 year drop or admission to college......
Admission in the Engineering College

If you have prepare one year after 12th std. for the IIT JEE and AIEEE
then you now you can not appear in the IIT JEE because a candidate
can appear in IIT JEE only two times once in the appearing in the 12th
std. and other after next year.

If your score in the AIEEE exam is about 75 then i think that you will get
rank among 1,00000 to 1,60000. At this rank you can not get any
government college but you can get a state private college. Many state
engineering college take admission through AIEEE rank.

I think that if you have waste one year for the preparation and want
to next year drop also for the preparation then it is not good because
your two years time will be waste. So i advise you to take admission
in the any state level college. It will be best for you.

Regards
~Mukul~
26th May 2011, 11:47 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored less in AIEEE and IIT JEE?

You might get admission in a private college with your AIEEE score but not in a govt college.
you should take admission in bachelor degree and side by side you should prepare for one more try next yearin AIEEE /IITJEE
This will help you both for preparing and getting a good score in next year attempt and also your one year will be saved if you need to continue your graduation next year.
26th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by manan2011 View Post
Hiii ,

Its your choice if you have a confident next yera you get admission in the IIT-JEE or any repotated colleg so choose the option to taking drop a year but if you have any doubt i can do or i cannot do so leave the topic any taking admission this year ,,,,,,

Ankur
26th May 2011, 02:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned whether you just cleared 12th or its been an year since you cleared the same. If you have just cleared the 12th then you could wait for another year. But that means you need to give your full attention to these exams. You need to make sure that you score high this time. If you have already waited for an year then it will be better to join the course now. But make sure you choose the area that you are interested in.
26th May 2011, 07:19 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Some student gets tension if not get any good rank or college but you have lot of self confidence do go ahead.

Now if you can get any good college then go for B.Tech and if you are not satisfied with any college and want to study more one year then it totally depend on you. Because suppose after one year if this situation again occurs then you will lose your confidence and also lost two years which will never come back.

So now if you have a chance to get admission in any college then please don’t miss it and take admission as soon as possible.
ALL THE BEST!!
26th May 2011, 07:38 PM
mandiv

hello....
dear now a days there is a tough competition between students to fetch a good job....
in this module if you drop one year then it would be a lag of ONE BIG YEAR!!!!!!!
so if you want not to waste it then you may go for private colleges...
look now a days many private colleges also provide you with good placements....
so according to me you can go for MDU, rohtak....
all the best
7th June 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

My rank in this year JEE is 7300 & AIEE is 13600. I wish to drop and reappear in JEE mainly & AIEEE as back up next year. Is it advisable pl reply
8th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 12000 rank in upsee and 65,ooo rank in aieee.which colleges can i get?or is it better for me to drop?
14th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored 55 MARKS in AIEEE and NOT QUALIFIED IN IIT JEE?
19th June 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i am admitted in bca.i got 16 marks in aieee but i could have done atleast 80 marks.now i want to drop one year for aieee.is it advisable
4th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

shud i drop a year for IIT or aieee??
I haven't cleared iit dis tym....
nd got rank in 1 lakh in aieee
and m not intersted in dng b.tech from ny of the private college..?
is droping a year for preparartion is a gud optn..??
plz help mee..
5th July 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

i got 57 marks in1st attempt{with12th} and 48 marks in a drop year
so what i have to do now
i want to drop again
what u say
26th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i was hopin for a seat at NIT this year ,well unfortunately i came up a bit short, but i have got a seat at a reputed college via my karnataka cet efforts. can i take up B.E this year in that coll and write aieee next year and try for a NIT? is that possible?
26th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i was hopin for a seat at a NIT this year but i came up a bit short, but i have gotten a seat at a reputed college via my cet efforts.
can i take up B.E at that college and write aieee next year to try and get into a NIT? is that possible?
26th July 2011, 09:54 PM
kidrauhl

I was hopin for a seat at a NIT this year, well i havent got one, unfortunately i came up a bit short.
but i have gotten myself a seat at a reputed college via my karnataka cet efforts, is it possible that i take up B.E this year at that college and try for a NIT next year, by havin a go at aieee2012 ?
21st August 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

i have got 986 rank in iit jee and my dream is to undergo comp sc and engg at iit bombay.should i drop a year
6th November 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

i left engineering in the middle can i get a chance to write cet exams once again as i am a diploma holder....
26th January 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i had scored 135 in aieee but did not get a very good college, the college rank which i am studying in is 52 but i wish to study in an nit or bits and i am working for aieee and bits from august after the spot round. should i take an nit or bits if i get and leave this college and should i leave the college now for further preparations or do college correspondingly
15th March 2012, 01:44 PM
kaveribiswas

Admission in the Engineering College

If you have prepare one year after 12th std. for the IIT JEE and AIEEE
then you now you can not appear in the IIT JEE because a candidate
can appear in IIT JEE only two times once in the appearing in the 12th
std. and other after next year.

If your score in the AIEEE exam is about 75 then i think that you will get
rank among 1,00000 to 1,60000. At this rank you can not get any
government college but you can get a state private college. Many state
engineering college take admission through AIEEE rank.

I think that if you have waste one year for the preparation and want
to next year drop also for the preparation then it is not good because
your two years time will be waste.

Good luck...............
17th April 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

is 2nd attempt inA.I.E.E.Euseful
10th May 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

now i am in engineering 1 year.i am willing to write aieee and take admission there.can i drop myengineering?
11th May 2012, 03:09 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 57 marks in1st attempt{with12th} and 48 marks in a drop year
so what i have to do now
i want to drop again
what u say
As you can see, your marks have decreased in the drop year instead of increasing, probably taing another drop year will be a huge risk as there has been no improvement by taking the first drop year. I suggest you to take admission into a private university instead of taking a drop.
18th May 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I lost seat in 2012 jee? can i take admission in nit this year and write jee 2013?
18th May 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

can I take admission in nit this year and write jee next year?
22nd May 2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

can a student go for side by side preparation for iit after taking admission in engineering colllage
22nd May 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission in any govt. college if i score 80% in 12th class and 55 marks in aieee?
4th June 2012, 07:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I drop a year or take admission in a college if I scored less in AIEEE and IIT JEE?

If you want that your future should be bright.
Then you can get this only by getting good placement.
And these handsome placements are attached with good colleges.
For which you need to achieve good rank that will take you to good colleges like NITs, IIITs, etc.
So, just wait for 1 year and study hard to crack AIEEE with good rank.
28th June 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I have got 71.2% in 2 and droping one year for getting good colleges.will it be better I have got only 26 marks in jee-main.
16th July 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I am getting it branch in nirma university ,i wanted cs .I have just passed my 12th with 95% and 20,000 rank in aieee in first attempt .shud i take a drop or go in nirma and prepare side by side.
23rd July 2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

should i drop after 12th or go to top private state colleges please help me i cant understant what to do?
13th May 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Can i drop one year for jee mains
I can not qualify at first attempt
I got only 32 marks.
I have strong aim to do engeneering.
5th June 2014, 07:39 AM
Unregistered

sir i have got 92 marks in. jee mainx nd 70 % in u.k. board. also.. i have got.any gov. college. bt. i want. to join. coaching.what do u think aboubt that????????
24th August 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

If i missed my aieee or jee main exam this yr bt i have a choice to take admission in private university with low fee then what should i have to do.? Should take admission in private clg or drop 1yr for aieee preparation??respond me as fst as u can.....
3rd June 2016, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I have got 85% marks from cbse this year and 77 marks in iit mains should I drop for a year or take admission in any private college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?