14th June 2017, 06:29 PM
shruti chitlangia

Should I drop a year to crack NEET or opt for any other course in medical field?

I have passed my 12 exams and haven't got a good rank in NEET so I should wait one year for cracking neet or should go for any other course in medical field? Which course to opt which will be good for my future? Can you please provide me the details soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Would it be safe to drop a year for medical entrance exam? What are the other options I can opt for other then Medical excluding BSc? Are there any short term courses available?
  2. NEET exam after MBBS? How to prepare for NEET Entrance exam? Details about NEET admission through management quota?
  3. What to do after passing PMT entrance exam?
  4. Which phase of NEET is considered for MBBS admission?
  5. Which is the best Medical stream to choose after 12th without clearing NEET?
  6. Which is the best field that I can opt for better placements after 12th for a non Medical student?
  7. How may opt for teaching profession in medical field ? i am in 11th standard currently.
  8. Which course should I pursue if I am interested in Medical field? What is the duration of such courses?
  9. How to take admission in MBBS course being a 3rd year B.Sc. student?
  10. Which are the best books To crack NEET? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Cutoff marks required in class 12th PCB and NEET for admission in government and private medical colleges in Maharashtra (Pine)
  12. Previous 20 years NEET and AIIMS solved question papers?
  13. Is CBSE Board preparation is enough to appear in NEET? Cutoff marks required in NEET to apply for Medical College of Tamil Nadu for CBSE student?
  14. Possibility of getting admission in Medical Colleges through NEET?
  15. Will I have to drop a year to prepare for Medical entrance exam?
  16. Syllabus and best book for the preparation of NEET?
  17. Which is the best course after passing 10th?
  18. Minimum marks required in MH-CET or NEET to get admission for MBBS in Maharashtra?
15th June 2017, 10:21 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to crack NEET or opt for any other course in medical field?

If you are interested in pursuing MBBS, BDS course according to my suggestion you must wait for one year and prepare for NEET examination to qualify in it for admission in the course.

To qualify in NEET examination you must focus on NCERT books of 11th and 12th std.

Other than this if you want to pursue any medical courses as :-

BAMS, BHMS, B.Pharma you do not have to qualify in NEET examination and also have some better future jobs in these courses.
15th June 2017, 03:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to crack NEET or opt for any other course in medical field?

If you want to be consistent in academics then you should take admission in any undergraduate course and side by side prepare for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. For example, you can take admission in Bachelor of Science in Zoology or Botany which can indirectly help you in preparation also.

You can do better preparation of NEET exam with strong determination and dedication. See last year papers, solve NCERT objective questions conceptually. Read Revise Read same thing multiple times, this is the best method to crack any examination.
15th June 2017, 06:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I will suggest you to go with your opinion as if you think you are interested in pursuing medical courses as MBBS and BDS then you can give one more chance to yourself and give your best to qualify in NEET examination.

But, if you are comfortable with other courses as BHMS, BAMS etc then there is no need to wait for next year as due to tough competition in NEET examination there is not much sureity of getting success in examination and to get a better institute for admission.

Although other medical courses have also bright future career in medical field.
15th June 2017, 06:53 PM
ranu shahi

It is depend on you to drop one year or not. If you believe on your hard labour and confident about your better rank next year then i suggest you to drop one year and do your 200% to crack NEET next year.

And if you are not sure about your better performance next year then opt any undergraduate courses and continue your practice in cracking NEET.
15th June 2017, 08:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should give one more chance as because every student must know their own capability. If you think you can do it then sure you can give yourself one chance.
15th June 2017, 10:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

If you have strong determination and dedication that you can crack National Eligibility cum Entrance exam by dropping one academic year then just do it. For success in any competitive exam what is required is inner belief of an individual. It plays a vital role in boosting confidence.

You can also go for other courses like BAMS, B.Sc in Zoology, Chemistry etc. You can join institute like Aakash for better preparation of NEET.
15th June 2017, 11:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

This totally depends on you. If you have a keen interest in doing MBBS or BDS then you can drop one more year in order to prepare yourself for this exam. But if you are not sure that you can crack this exam then you can join any other medical course such as BSc in agriculture, BSc Horticulture, BSc nursing, BSc, B Pharmacy,etc. You can join any course in which you are interested.
16th June 2017, 02:29 AM
venus94

You have to decide this whether to take a break or not.
First, try to think will you be able to devote one whole year to NEET preparations. Your classmates and friends may have taken admissions in college and will be enjoying there college life. Do you think you will be able to resist yourself the temptations or will not be bothered by that.
Moreover, if your life's goal is to become a doctor then I don't think that anyone can stop you. I have many friends who took a gap and cleared NEET.

Second, if you decide not to take a gap then what kind of course will you be interested in. You have a lot of options like B.Sc in botany, zoology, biotechnology, biomedical etc., or B.Pharmacy.

So, evaluate all the pros and cons and then decide what you feel is right for you.

Second,
17th June 2017, 12:37 PM
Vishwajit Patil Vishu

Smile Re: Should I drop a year to crack NEET or opt for any other course in medical field?

Hello Shruti!!!! To crack NEET its not easy. If u r sure that u will study hard then u can take the risk. Otherwise u should go to other fields like BAMS, Pharmacy, BHMS,etc. But as my opinion u should try for nursing.
17th June 2017, 01:35 PM
Randhir singh siyaan

Arrow Re: Should I drop a year to crack NEET or opt for any other course in medical field?

You can also try for B.Sc Bioinformatics which is much less costly & have a more scope in the foreign country and world wide
It is 3yrs a degree course containing following subjects I think you would like this:
Human genome project
C++ data storage project
Immunology
Genetics
Cytology
And much more .
You can also try for this I think you also score good in this field
2nd September 2017, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I have a drop I interest in M.B.B.S that I m drop or I go any medical field and I prepare for neet but many people are tell me not one year drop because next year very tough for neet, so I have a drop ???
5th September 2017, 03:21 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruti chitlangia View Post
I have passed my 12 exams and haven't got a good rank in NEET so I should wait one year for cracking neet or should go for any other course in medical field? Which course to opt which will be good for my future? Can you please provide me the details soon? Thank you!
Dear, it depends upon your future ambitions. if you want to become a doctor only, then you can definitely drop a year and pursue your studies more ambitiously to get a good rank in NEET and you will be able to get admission in a good medical or dental college.
Similarly if you are okay with biotechnology or B-pharma , then you can go ahead this year also and get admission in any college offering such courses as these courses do not require any entrance examination.
1st June 2018, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

At a score of 500 in neet is there a chance of getting government college in haryana for mbbs??
6th February 2019, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

I am studying bhms but I am not comfortable in that college and want to leave it and appear for neet in 2020 should I do it??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?