4th June 2017, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is better to choose in Arts for appearing in Civil service exam?

What subject is better for me that will help me for appearing in Civil service exam? I am an arts student, please answer me quickly before I choose the subject.

4th June 2017, 11:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better to choose in Arts for appearing in Civil service exam?

To appear in civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC you can choose any subject in which you are more interested in Arts stream but still I would like to suggest you that you must go for either economics or Geography subject.
These two subjects are very very easy to cope with the questions in the exam because other subjects like history ,disaster management etc. are somewhat difficult. Because IAS questions are not so easy because they are mind tricky. Questions in geography subject will be straightforward related to the geographical content.
Otherwise you can also go with your interest.
5th June 2017, 01:31 PM
help100%

Default Re: Which subject is better to choose in Arts for appearing in Civil service exam?

One need to confuse regarding choosing of subject, as you are from Art stream choose English, History, Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc. the one which you like the most go for it. According the civil services exam, all the above subjects plays a vital role as information across arts, commerce and science is asked just the basic one, in regarding to choosing of optional subject Geography and History is quiet scoring and helps vividly in preparation of prelims and mains.
5th June 2017, 03:53 PM
GopinKumar

Exclamation Re: Which subject is better to choose in Arts for appearing in Civil service exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What subject is better for me that will help me for appearing in Civil service exam? I am an arts student, please answer me quickly before I choose the subject.
Hi.. You can choose Political Science as the subject for your graduation as you are willing to prepare for Civil Service. It will help you to explore more knowledge for your cs exam. The GK and Current affairs papers are containing more topics relevant in Political Science. So, the available options are BA Political Science, and BA Program. Best institutes for pursuing these courses are Delhi university, Ashoka university, Lovely Professional University, HCU etc. You may can avail scholarships also for your studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?