26th July 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Should I take MBA or IAS exam?

I am confusing ,what do next? either i take MBA or IAS exm. please guide me.

20th August 2012, 11:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take MBA or IAS exam?

Both the options mentioned are having equal scope. UPSC Civil services exam needs to be attended to apply for IAS post. On clearing exam you can become an IAS officer and enter in to administrative services. On the other hand, an MBA degree will develop your career line along with a management oriented career. An MBA degree will enable you to get jobs in public sector companies, banks, railways etc. So, after evaluating both the options take a decision accordingly.
29th August 2012, 10:17 PM
shadab879

Hello,
As you have mentioned that you are confused, I would like to tell you to listen to your heart. To take IAS as your career, you have to clear UPSC civil service exam. It is one of the most reputed posts in the country. You can become collector, DM, IPS officer, etc. after clearing this exam. And if you want to work in the corporate world and wish to become the manager, then you can go for MBA. So you can choose any of the two carreers you wish. Best of luck
25th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

i am an bsc it student and what should i do next whether to take an mba or ias or ms
22nd January 2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year IT student.I want to pursue career in civil service particularly IAS,but i dont have any prior knowledge about the examination.I have heard that the syllabus is too lenghty and my family members also suggest me to opt for MBA.I m totally confused.My first attempt of upsc will be in 2014.Should i apppear in that or shoud i prepare for one more year and give the exam in 2015.Is one year from now is appropriate for cse or 2 yrs is required for preparation for a student of my level?recently i have gone through some of the ias previous question papers and i cnt ans a single question.this frustrated me and scared me a lot.pls suggest what should i do?is it possible to work and study simultaneously or only studying will be beneficial?pls suggest...its urgent
1st February 2013, 12:21 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I take MBA or IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confusing ,what do next? either i take MBA or IAS exm. please guide me.
Hi

It all depends on what you wish to take up ahead in your future and career. I can guide you on both the careers but ultimately you have to make a final call. See IAS - Indian Administrative Service. This is one of the best exams to crack in India and is one of the highest posts in the job sector.

Its also the most tough Post Graduation Entrance to crack. Thus IAS is respected a lot in India and abroad. Also they are the most knowledgeable persons on earth. So they get a lot of respect. If you wish to do IAS, then this is a totally different career that you are heading for. Its related to the Government of India.

Criteria of Eligibility for this would be minimum graduate in ANY stream from any recognized college with over 60% aggregate in it. Also age within 21- 27 years. A relaxation of upto 30 years is for OBC and 33 years for SC/ST. Also 4 attempts for Gen, 7 for OBC and Unlimited for the SC/ST.
IAS is tough because there are very few seats and chances are least.

On the other hand if you look at the MBA Career, its quite bright, promising. If you are a graduate, you just have to attempt the Entrances CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IBSAT, IIFT, etc and other such entrances to get through a very good top MBA College.

MBA offers continuous growth in terms of learning, salary, personality, posts, reputation, exposure to see the world and other such global benefits. It also promises good working environments, less corruption and other such small minute benefits. So from my side I would recommend that you take up MBA. This is also because for IAS you have to be a genius kind of a student or you have to work really really hard to gain every possible knowledge.

But for the MBA, even a mediocre student can do good in life. Rest its your decision.
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
15th August 2013, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

See the difference between both. Both yield lots of money(MBA is slightly better). After MBA from IIM still you can have power.i.e,sub-ordinates in company who will be reporting to you. So don"t think about those stuff. Think about if you do MBA(IIM)-abroad job opportunity is very high. In IAS it is very low. IAS will take you more duration than MBA. So if you want a premier business job go for MBA or else if you want good respectful decent government job go for IAS. Hope this help you. ALL THE BEST.
15th August 2013, 08:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is very little help anyone can do to decide between two courses. If you are really interested in becoming IAS officer then go for the Civil Services Examination. While if you are interested in management studies and job related to course then you should go for MBA.

Whatever you do please remember that both options can secure your future. Clearing Civil Services Examination is obviously more difficult since there are very few seats while the number of candidates applying is over 10 Lakh.

On the other hand you will have to complete MBA from a good college to secure future. I will suggest you to first appear for the Common Admission Test and see how well you performed.

If you can get admission in Indian Institutes of Management, then I will suggest you to continue with Master of Business Administration. Completing post graduation from Indian Institutes of Management will secure your future.

You will get a very good salary package from multi national company. There are number of national and international firms that lines up at different IIMs for hiring. Apart from Indian Institutes of Management, there are several other colleges that also offer admission through Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

1. It is necessary to have completed graduation.

2. 50 percent marks in the graduation course.

3. SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

4. There is no relaxation for OBC.

If you are not eligible for the Common Admission Test then better apply for the Civil Services Examination. But as I mentioned earlier, it is not going to be easy to clear the Civil Services Examination.

IAS Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national to apply.

2. Bachelor's degree is required to apply.

3. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

5. Relaxation is 5 years given to SC/ST.

6. There are no physical requirements.
7th August 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that if I cleared ias exam and it's training can I go foreign for higher education for MBA in best university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?