10th October 2012, 05:48 PM
kshitij005

How to give IAS exam after doing MBA?

Sir ,
I have done MBA and now I want to give the IAS exam plz tell me about the IAS exam 2013 . and how can I preparation for exam.

12th October 2012, 09:38 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give IAS exam after doing MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitij005 View Post
Sir ,
I have done MBA and now I want to give the IAS exam plz tell me about the IAS exam 2013 . and how can I preparation for exam.
Well, the minimum education Qualification to become IAS is Graduation and after completing graduation candidates are eligible to become IAS Officer. But to become IAS is not a easy task, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination conducted every year and the notification published in February every year.

If you have completed your MBA, then also you are eligible for Civil services examination, But your age should between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved category candidates.

This year examination was already completed and the next year examination notification is going to be Published soon next year. The dates already available in the official website.

When the Notification published, online registrations will open and then you can fill the application form online from the online portal of UPSC. The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains. First, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the exam is objective and you have to appear for two papers.

After clear the Preliminary examination, you are eligible for Mains and you have to choose the optional Subjects in Mains. So first prepared for Preliminary examination, because lots of candidates appear for this examination every year and if you cracked this only then you are eligible for Mains, the examination is too competitive and you need 5-6 Hrs daily study, only then you will cracked this examination.

So, if you are interested to become IAS, then please start preparation well for the examination as per the pattern and syllabus. If you need more details then check official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
12th October 2012, 11:23 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

IAS stands for Indian Administrative services.It comes under civil services examinations which is organised by UPSC every year

There is nothing to worry about how to give Civil services examinations after MBA that is master of business administration.

Well,Friend ,the minimum academic requirement for civil services examinations is bachelor's degree and since you have done your master's degree.So ,in terms of qualification,you are absolutely eligible for the examination.

The important criteria is that you should fulfill the age criteria that is your age should be between 21-30 years if you belong to general category.If you belong to obc or sc/st,you will be given age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.

Now ,to give Civil services examinations you have to fill the online application form at http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For your convenience ,I have mentioned the important dates regarding 2013 civil services examinations as the examination for the year 2012 had been organised.

Important dates are:

Date of notification:02/02/2013

Last date of receiving application:04/03/2013

Date of preliminary examination:19/05/2013

Date of main examination: 08/11/2013.

Civil services examinations are very tough,so you need to work very hard with command on all aspects of knowledge.

Wishing you best of luck for your examination

hope the information helps you.

If you have any query other than this ,you may logon to www.upsc.gov.in

aashisranajn784
12th October 2012, 12:02 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you can IAS exam after graduation.

IAS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

TO JOIN THIS EXAM;-
*you must be graduate from a recognized university.

*age limit is 21-30 years.

category age relaxation number of attempt
general 0 4
obc 3 7
sc/st 5 no limit
*you must be Indian citizen

you can apply this exam onlion here;-
upsconline.nic.in
12th October 2012, 12:42 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Dear Aspirant,

IAS in Indian Administrative Service .

This Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

You can eligible to apply for IAS Exam .

You asked that which subject should i choose for IAS Exam .First of all i give you some useful information about IAS Exam.

Age Limits for Civil Service Exam:

General Category Candidates: Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years

Backward Category Candidates: Min 21 years and Not Max 33 years

SC/ST Candidates: Min 21 years and Not Max 35 years

Physically with Disabled Candidates : Min 21 years and Not Max 40 years

IAS Exam Phases :

Preliminary Exam

Mains Exam

Interview

Preliminary Exam:

You need not select any Subjects for Preliminary Exam .From 2011 On wars preliminary Exam have a common papers for every students those papers are as follows

General Studies Paper -I

Civil Service Aptitude Test Paper -II

​Mains Exam:

For MAINS Exam total have Nine Descriptive Papers . In These Nine Papers Four Papers are Optional Subjects Paper .

For these Optional Papers ,You have to selection Two Subjects from among total 24 Subjects.

This Optional Subjects Interest on your own choice only .

i give you some tips for to choose optional subjects .

You should choose that subject at least have a familiar to you and that material and coaching faculty should be available those type of subjects you have to choose ,

If you choose any Optional Subject that subject you should have a interest on that subject other wise don't choose

Interview:

Interview is final phase of IAS Officers recruitment process

So finally i conclude that ,You should choose according to your familiar subject according to your knowledge .
12th October 2012, 06:44 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
11th February 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

what can i become after clear ias examination?
3rd May 2013, 02:22 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitij005 View Post
Sir ,
If your Interested to apply for IAS Examination than you have to Apply for Civil Service Examination,,because IPS Examination and Under Civil Service . Civil Service Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

You have Complete MBA Course After Completing and your age is 23 years ,, So there is no issue with your educational qualification and Age limit ..

So, your surely applicable for IAS Entrance Examination .. The Notification for Civil Service Examination published in Employment news paper and Official website of upsc .. Here i provide the details regarding IPS Examination .

IAS ie:- ( Indian Administrative Service ) and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission

To appear in this Examination than the Applicant should Qualified in graduation Course in any discipline from recognized University,, Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and upper age limits is given to the SC/ST/OBC categories .

This IPS Examination may divided into Preliminary Examination/Main Examination andPersonal Interview .

Number of Attempts :-

General category Four Times / OBC category Seven Times / SC/ST category No limits

So, If you satisfy the Criteria than your eligible to apply for this IPS Examination .
24th June 2020, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Which subject sholud I choose for IAS exam after completing the course MBA in HR and marketing. When are the apllycation firms available for IAS exam in 2020-2021
1st October 2021, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Hlo sir/maa'm i wanna know that i have completed my post graduation from MBA program can i know what subjects I can choose for preparing for IAS exam i.e mains for UPSC exam to become an IAS officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?