23rd February 2012, 06:59 PM
priyansh garg

Which stream is better to get benefit of IAS preparation?

hi im in 10th i wanted to know which stream is better to take to get benefit for ias preperation -nonmed or commerce

24th February 2012, 09:10 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Which stream is better to get benefit of IAS preparation?

Dear Garg,

I am reproducing an earlier reply given by me for a similar question underneath. This information would be very useful to you for selecting your graduation discipline if your sights are on the Civil Services Exam.

IPS is part of the Indian Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC. You just need to be a graduate in any discipline to be eligible to appear in this exam. However, for your consumption, I would like you to go through my following obserations, while deciding the stream.

The UPSC has analyzed the success rates of candidates of various degrees in the 2009 Civil Services Exam. The annual report is available in their website.

From this, you will notice that among the UG candidates, the success rate is highest for MBBS with a percentage of 18.3. BDS is second with a success rate of 11.6%. BE/BTech, etc candidates had a success rate of 11.3%, while BSc Agri candidates came fourth at 11.1%.

Of course, the total no, of appeared candidates were quite less for MBBS and BDS at 420 and 69 respectively. There were 2267 candidates of BE, etc and 72 candidates of BSc Agri. These numbers relate to the main exam and do not have anything to do with the Prelims.

The success rate for BA was 5.0%, BCom 5.2% and BSc 4.4%.

If you take PGs, MD candidates had a marvellous success rate of 18.8% (3 out of 16) and LLM 13.8% (4 out of 29).

I think I have given a fair idea of who has more chances of selection. Please evaluate from your end. The details are available in p 98 of the Annual Report 2010-11 (which is the latest published by UPSC).

All the best.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/stream-should-i-choose-after-completion-10th-class-become-ips-officer-629737.html#ixzz1nGcI9EqN
24th February 2012, 09:24 PM
ramandeep.2dec

There is nothng related to streams while preparing for IAS, for IAS you just need to learn hard and learn right . Arts stream or commerce is better , because you get enough time out of your study to prepare for IAS. Non med and med stream will let you busy in study schedule . So, better opt arts or commerce trade.
3rd June 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

m in msc and want to be clear ias exam and how much time can give up to clear this exam. sneha
28th December 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

which stream should i take for the preparation for IAS EXAMS
4th August 2013, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a ias so which stream is better bsc or ba
18th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best for IAS now I am in 9th standard .Please tell me the best stream. I am not interested in med or non med...
30th November 2015, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Greetings for the day...

I have completed my BBA from Punjab Technical Institute in the year 2013, would like to know which would be the best stream from me??
27th June 2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir I wanted to prepare for IAS I have commerce in class 12 .I am little confused what should I opt in my graduation so that it can benefit me in IAS preparation. Which one is good from BCom h ,Eco h or BCom
30th September 2016, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is Benefit and better for me after 10th for preparing for the civil service exam?Its not just to get graduation also to prepare for civil service exam..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?