30th December 2011, 10:20 AM
Md danish waquar

Which is the best stream for IAS preparation after 12th commerce?

Which is best stream for ias preparation after +12 commerce?a

13th February 2012, 03:15 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best stream for IAS preparation after 12th commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md danish waquar View Post
In the first stage of Civil Service exam there are no advantage or disadvantages for candidates belonging to any stream. Students from every background have been qualifying this exam previously, be it engineering student, professional CA or any other. The exam comprises of two written stages. Firstly the preliminary stage comprises of two compulsory papers. General studies and Civil Service Aptitude Test. The Civil Service Aptitude Test covers every educational field including maths and science.
The second stage of written exam include compulsory subjects like English, General Studies, Essay writing and one regional language.
Taking this into consideration students from art background do hold a slight edge over students from other stream.
13th February 2012, 09:32 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md danish waquar View Post
After completing your 12th examination you are not eligible to apply for this examination.Any graduate candidate can apply for this examination and there is no restrictions for graduate degree.

IAS means Indian Administrative Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS :-

The candidate should be completed graduate degree in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply for IAS examination.There is no Specific Marks required for this examination and graduate degree is enough to appear for IAS examination.

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years and relaxation is exits as per govt.rules.

Upper age limits :-
  • SC/ST :- 5 years.
  • OBC :- 3 years.
  • Ex-Service :- 5 years.
Civil Service examination :-
  • Date of Notification :- 04.02.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 05.03.12
  • Date of examination :- 20.05.12

Civil Service examination consist of three stages :-
  • Preliminary examination
  • Main examination
  • Personal Interview

Preliminary Syllabus and Pattern :-

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
13th February 2012, 09:42 PM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

The IAS (Civil Services) exam have the following optional and Main subjects :

List of optional subjects for Main Exam:

Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical science, Philosophy, political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology

But the following subject’s combinations are not allowed:

1. Political science & International Relations and Public Administration
2. Commerce & Accountancy and Management
3. Anthropology and Sociology
4. Mathematics and Statistics
5. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
6. Management and Public Administration
7. of the Engineering subjects, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering-not more than one subject.
8. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science

On the behalf of the above details in my suggestion you go for the Commerce & Accountancy And Economics subjects because both are related to your course subjects and also they have further high scope in future.

All the best
13th February 2012, 10:03 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.....
IAS exam eligibility criteria & details information......

The exam pattern for IAS exam are as follows.....

Good luck...........
13th February 2012, 10:46 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After complete your 12th in commerce then you
prepare for IAS exam.

Criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream.
*Age- 21 to 30 years
3 years for OBC candidate
5 years for SC/ST candidates.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC.

3 exam is there like

*Preliminary exam
*Final exam
*PI

above all the subjects you choose your favourite subject then prepare according to this....
13th February 2012, 11:50 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The best stream for IAS preparation depends upon a decision based on your interest and also the subject in which you plan to write your civil services. Like for example, if you are keen to write the exam in political science or history, then opting for Arts would be a better option, but if you think you want to go for Maths or engg. then Science with maths is good and so on.

The Eligibility Criteria for IAS is as under-

1. The candidate should be completed graduate degree in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply for IAS examination.

2. There is no Specific Marks required for this examination and graduate degree is enough to appear for IAS examination.

So as a graduation is necessary to pursue your IAS so I would suggest you to take a stream in your +2 depending on the subject you would want to pursue in graduation.
6th March 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

I am about to finish my 10th class and willing to opt for commerce with maths further but ,since i want to prepare for ias,will it be a good option?
6th April 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

NOW IM IN CLASS 12th WITH COMMERCE STREAM ,SO HOW I HAVE TO START THE PREPARATION FOR UPSC ,ALTHOUGH IN MY POINTS OF VIEW I HAD STARTED PREPARATION BY READING NEWSPAPER,WATCHING CURRENT AFFAIRS ON INTERNET,READING THE BOOK OF LUCENT GK BOOK. IS THIS RIGHT WAY TO GET PREPARE FOR UPSC. PLZ REPLY.THANKYOU
20th May 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

I failed to make it to IIT/JEE now i want to prepare for IAS what should i do now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?