15th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose to become a Lawyer? Will I have the privilege to choose the university myself?

I need to know the subjects that should be considered, how many years i would spend at university. I am able/unable to choose the university for myself or not?

15th May 2017, 06:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose to become a Lawyer? Will I have the privilege to choose the university myself?

To become lawyer you must have to pursue atleast bachelor degree in law. The required minimum qualification to pursue law course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no age limit to get admission in course. The minimum duration of course is 3 year.

To get admission in better institute you have to qualify in CLAT examination. Some of universities also conducts entrance examination by itself for admission in course.
15th May 2017, 08:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream to choose to become a Lawyer? Will I have the privilege to choose the university myself?

To be a lawyer you will have to pursue LLB ( Bachelor of Legislative Law ) degree course.

Further as far as you are concerned about the duration of course then it depends upon your educational qualifications which are as discussed below :-

* LLB course of three years, for one who pursues the same course after his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

* LLB course of five years, for one who pursues the same course after his/her higher secondary school degree from a recognized board.

Also as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for becoming a lawyer then it is clear that there is no compulsion of any subject for pursuing LLB degree course and hence to be a lawyer.

Now as far as you are concerned about the possibility of choosing the university for pursuing same course then I would like to let you know that for admission in top law universities like NLU ( National Law University ), DU, BHU, etc. you will have to qualify their respective entrance examination and hence you have option of choosing the university if you appear and qualify in their respective examination.
15th May 2017, 08:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become lawyer it is,necessary that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in law and qualify in AIBE ( All India Bar Examination).

The eligibility to pursue law course is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

No limit to get admission in course.

So, you can pursue any course of your interest till bachelor degree and then pursue law course.
16th May 2017, 12:21 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The basic required qualification to become lawyer is candidate must have passed atleast llb degree.

After llb degree candidates also have to appear in AIBE examination and qualify in it.

For pursuing llb degree it is necessary that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree discipline to get admission in llb course.

So, you can pursue any course to get admission in llb course.
16th May 2017, 12:56 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be a lawyer you are required to have pursued LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) degree course.

Further to be eligible for LLB course you need to have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognised board. In this case you are eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years.

You can also pursue LLB degree course after completing your graduation degree and that case duration of LLB course reduces to three years.

As far as you are concerned about selection of university for pursuing the same course then I would like to let you know that various university conduct their own entrance examination and hence you need to appear in the entrance examination of your interested university like DU LLB entrance examination, BHU UET, NLU, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?