19th April 2017, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th for pursuing LLB course?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and after completing it I want to pursue a career in LLB so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th for pursuing LLB course? Please answer as soon as possible.

19th April 2017, 07:19 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th for pursuing LLB course?

LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative law and as the name suggests it is bachelor degree course after pursuing which you will head towards becoming a lawyer.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing LLB course ( of five years ) is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of examination.

So as you are concerned about the selection of stream for pursuing your Class 11th and Class 12th for pursuing LLB course in future then it is evident that there is no requirement of a particular subject to be studied in Class 12th for pursuing LLB course and hence you can opt for any course of your interest and strength.
19th April 2017, 11:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative Law and same is a professional bachelor degree course required by those who are willing to make their career as a lawyer.

Basically, on the basis of duration of course LLB courses are of two types which are as discussed below :-

Type I ) LLB course of five years :- For students who opts the same course after completing their higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

Type II ) LLB course of three years :- For students who pursues the same course after completing their graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a student of Class 10th and interested in pursuing LLB course after your higher secondary school degree you are eligible for pursuing LLB course of five years and for the same you can pursue your higher secondary school degree in any stream of your interest their is no compulsion of any subject for pursuing LLB degree course.
20th April 2017, 12:39 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

There is not any specific stream or subjects available for doing LLB. Candidates who have complete their intermediate in any stream with 45% or above marks are eligible to give Common Law Admission Test(CLAT) . After qualifying in this exam you will get admission in LLB course. For more information you can go to the official website of CLAT :

http://www.clat.ac.in

Thanks
20th April 2017, 12:47 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

After intermediate if you want to join LLB, you need to take LLB 5 years course. For this, you need to apply for LLB 5 years entrance exam by paying a fee prescribed by respective state university.
To be eligible for LLB 5 years course candidate should secure aggregate of 45% in 12th standard with any stream. 5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST candidates in aggregate marks percentage.
To join the in LLB 5 years course should secure 35% marks in the entrance exam. In the entrance exam there will be 120 questions, related to arithmetic aptitude, general awareness, English etc.,

So, based on your interest you can select any group in 11th Standard (i.e. M.E.C, C.E.C, M.P.C, BI.P.C). But I suggest you to take CEC group in 11th Standard which covers Civics, Economics, Commerce subjects which will be helpful for you after joining in LLB Course.
21st April 2017, 01:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and after completing it I want to pursue a career in LLB so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th for pursuing LLB course? Please answer as soon as possible.
You can choose any stream in 12th standard to get admission in LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.
12th December 2017, 11:58 AM
Somyarathore
Member+

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative law and it is a bachelor degree to become a lawyer. after completion of the standard you should choose any stream because there is no mandatory subjects or stream choose to LLB course. So you can choose your streams as per our interest without any hesitation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?